Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

54/1690

<< < (2/21) > >>

Mecky:
Hi Stephen,

your car looks really well built and tidy. What kind of races are driving? Hill climb?

Give us some more information about the car. Do you use the 1565 cc engine? Is your crossflow head in original condition? How much Horsepowers does the machine have? Have you ever checked the weight of your S2?

I like that there are a few racers showing up in our community :-)

Regards

Stefan

StephenH:
I can't take the claim for any of the build or preparation as I bought the car basically as is.
My work has been some small modifications to the throttle linkage and gearshift, plus adding a 12V outlet to charge my phone  ;)
Basically I got out my toolkit and climbed in under and around checking bolts were tight.

I do have a large file of notes from the previous owner but haven't yet sorted them out into a summary.
I can tell you it has a 1565cc based engine with a slight overbore, Gordini rods and twin 45mm Webers (which seem too big).
Head and valves are unlikely to be standard (I found an order for some valves in the file).
Details of the cam, choke, pistons etc are also all buried in the file.
Gearbox is a later model 5 speed with the 4 spider diff.
Radiator is a custom aluminium unit and the chassis and suspension has been plated and braced for additional strength.
Springs and Dampers are adjustable but I haven't touched them as yet.

Many of the parts either came from Banks engineering in the UK or were recommended by the same source.

Eventually I'll get all the notes together as well as weights (will get it corner weighted soon for reference), then I might have some answers to all the questions.

So far I have run 1 short hillclimb event, I don't plan on racing car to car, just on time in hillclimbs and sprints.

StephenH:
Had a nice morning run in the hills with a mixed group of sporting cars from several nations.

Bainford:
Stephen, your Europa is gorgeous. It's very nicely trimmed and finished, and obviously performs well also. Cheers.

StephenH:
A couple of videos from last Sunday.
The best run in each of wet & damp conditions.
Good enough on the day for class win and 3rd outright.

In the wet, 2nd gear start, sorry about the wiper position.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nk-BlYk7uE

Later in the day when it was only damp, with mud on the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ujPV9a2Dp4&feature=youtu.be

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version