Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

54/1690

<< < (3/21) > >>

EuropaTC:
 :)

A great engine sound...   thanks for posting the links

Brian

cal44:
Man........they don't provide much stopping distance at the end.  I was getting nervous.........
Your car is so nice and Brian is spot on.......the sound is a delight.

mike

StephenH:
Unfortunately due to environmental overlays in the local planning laws, the previous 'oh crap' gate must now remain closed as it exits onto a fire access track.
So recently it changed from 'just keep it straight and all is OK', to 'which bit do I want to bend if it goes wrong'

Hence backing off the throttle before the actual finish line as grip in the braking area was uncertain.

Also a justification for why I was talking to Richard Banks last night and ordering a brake upgrade for Christmas...........
I'm sure my wife will remain calm and understand  :help:

EuropaTC:

--- Quote from: StephenH on Thursday,November 28, 2013, 03:35:35 PM ---I'm sure my wife will remain calm and understand  :help:

--- End quote ---

:)

I find the key thing in these cases is to use perspective. For example when I bought some s/h wheels for mine last year and got the raised eyebrows when they arrived, I just used the perspective that all 4 wheels (plus 2 good tyres) cost less than the single tyre we'd fitted to her TT after hitting a pothole.  So household items, decorating, perfumes, etc are all great perspectives.

Of course, if that doesn't work my favourite and most used perspective is being in the next county when she finds out.....   ;)

Being serious, what upgrade are you going for, 4 pot calipers ?

Brian

StephenH:
Nothing over the top.
Europa Engineering's road biased upgrades with vented discs up front and disc conversion rear.
Both use 'period' looking Girling calipers so are in character, but should lift my confidence a little if nothing else.
I already have a dual master cylinder setup with balance adjustable from the dash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version