Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

54/1690

<< < (21/21)

EuropaTC:
Ahh, Oulton Park.....   (dons scarlet tinted spectacles, cue blurry scenes & 70s music) I remember it well.  Believe it or not, that was the first "date" I had with the missus and it poured down all day, we both got completely soaked. I knew from that day she was a keeper.....

I didn't know they did skid pan stuff though, but then again we left Cheshire in 1980 and only went back to Oulton to watch the odd race. But in true Walter Mitty Mode, I do like tearing round Oulton on the Playstation with Project Cars...   ::)

Back to Topic !

StephenH:

--- Quote from: EuropaTC on Tuesday,February 09, 2021, 11:33:24 PM ---I'm looking forward to your next hillclimb video now.....   ;)

Brian

--- End quote ---

Next video will probably be a Khanacross held on one of the local hillclimb circuits.
Low speed but maybe some included skids :)

StephenH:
For historical purposes, finally got around to getting a 'wet weight' with normally carried gear aboard including tools, spare, jack etc. and about 2/3-3/4 tank of fuel.
716kg

Bainford:
That seems pretty close to advertised numbers. My Special is registered with the DMV at 710 kg, so, very close to your verified weight. Also, I believe the official advertised weight of a Special is 1570 lbs (714 kg), so again, very close.

I find this a bit refreshing, as advertised weights can often be tweaked by the manufacturer to present favourable numbers. I would expect that the 1570 lbs advertised for the Special would be a car with no fuel in the tanks, spare tire and tool kit not onboard, etc. However, whenever anyone has their Europa weighed and reported back to this forum, the results are very close to factory advertised numbers, and often lower. [edit: On second thought, I see your car is a Type 54, which should be lighter than a Special, so, perhaps the weights are indeed tweaked a bit in original literature]

StephenH:

--- Quote from: Bainford on Wednesday,January 31, 2024, 07:19:30 AM --- I see your car is a Type 54, which should be lighter than a Special, so, perhaps the weights are indeed tweaked a bit in original literature]

--- End quote ---

The manual and handbooks I have (for S2) give kerb weight at 710kg, so mine coming in at 716kg is actually better than I expected given it carries some additional and changed hardware.

Attached are the corner weights without/with allowance for approx. 70kg of driver.
Not sure how that distribution aligns with the wider Europa community experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version