Author Topic: There is a new car on Miami Vice  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Pfreen

There is a new car on Miami Vice
« on: Sunday,January 19, 2020, 04:24:23 PM »
I attended the Art Deco Weekend car show today on South Beach, Miami.  The Europa showed very well.  I was parked right in front of the famous Colony Hotel.  The second photo shows how many people took pictures of it.  It was a mixed car show with all cars older than 1980 and no modified/restomods.  It was a fantastic event.  You would not believe the sights you see on South Beach!

Offline BDA

Re: There is a new car on Miami Vice
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,January 19, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »
Very cool, Pfreen! There seem to be a lot of good events where you can show off your baby!

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,January 19, 2020, 04:45:59 PM »
Just nowhere to drive them except in traffic or on an expressway.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,January 19, 2020, 04:50:45 PM »
Good times PFreen ,
  Your car is amazing in person. Looks like you had a perfect day also. Hope to see you in April at
wheels across the pond.
Dakazman

Offline Bodzer

« Reply #4 on: Monday,January 20, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »
Lovely car PFreen.  I’m going to Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Orlando next month for the family’s holiday. Is South beach suitable for kids?

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 03:20:33 AM »
Hmm.  I have only been there a few times.  I would say not based on what I saw.  There were not many children. 
How old are the kids? 
I am sure between literary madness (Wesley) and I, we could come up with better places to visit.  I think an afternoon walking around South Beach is fun.  I don’t know I would stay there. 

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 03:21:42 AM »
BTW, thanks for the compliments on the car.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 06:17:06 AM »
Bodzer, I have been to South Beach in the winter many times with my two sons when they were younger. We rented bikes and rode on the beach, chartered a fishing boat and went deep sea fishing during the day. Great variety of restaurants. On the weekends the beach/bar scene can get a little wild, but it’s easy to avoid.  The biggest issue is it’s expensive. You have to hunt out the less expensive places to go, but it’s possible (Mexican and Cuban food in casual restaurants is easy and cheap). I wouldn’t let the kids roam around on their own at night.

There is a walkway along the beach that goes for miles. And of course all the shops, restaurants and hotels in south beach. Some great outdoor bars along the beach for lunch and some very cool ones in Hotels. It’s a great way to spend a couple of lazy days during the winter.

Orlando to Fort Lauderdale/Miami is pretty far (4 hours)  Not really a day trip. If your doing Disney/Univeral in Orlando going to South Beach for a couple of days is a completely Different alternate experience. Good for the adults even with the kids in tow.  I would fly into Orlando and fly out of Miami if your going to split the trip up. 

Pfreen, you have a fabulous Europa! Glad I got to see it (and drive behind you) in person.
« Last Edit: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 06:27:27 AM by Certified Lotus »

Offline literarymadness

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »
Bodzer:  You might want to fit in Everglades National Park and a ride to the Florida Keys.  The kids would enjoy both. Cape Florida has a great beach and a cool lighthouse the kids could climb.  I am a native Miamian and raised four kids down here. PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number, if case you have any questions while your down here.  Between Pfreen and myself, consider yourself connected in South Florida.

Offline Bodzer

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »
Literary, certified and Pfreen thank you so much for the advice. I’m a pilot with Aer Lingus. I couldn’t get staff tickets to Orlando but could to Miami.  I’ve been once to Miami and stayed in Coconut Grove. We’re going to stay in Fort Lauderdale just to get over the jet lag. Definitely want to make it to the Everglades perhaps the start of the Keys as well. Then its off to Winter Haven for a week for the parks.  I love visiting the US and Florida. This will be our third time there. The first time we went to Orlando and Anna Maria island. Amazing. Tried to book in Naples this time but it’s pretty much full up!

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 05:15:31 PM »
lauderdale by the sea is a nice place to stay, if you haven’t booked a hotel already.

Offline Bodzer

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 11:08:05 PM »
I have already booked a house in North Lauderdale. Thanks for the advice though.