Author Topic: Kop Hill hill climb  (Read 1774 times)

Offline buzzer

Kop Hill hill climb
« on: Wednesday,September 19, 2018, 03:01:45 AM »
A few pictures from Kop Hill  revival demonstration hill climb this last weekend 15th & 16th September. 
Kop Hill is in the UK near a place called Princes Risborough a Buckinghamshire Market town in the Chilterns. The event originally started in 1910 and was one of the last run on public roads before it was banned in 1925.
It was restarted nearly 10 years ago as a local charity event and has grown to a large event bringing in all sorts of cars from veteran to modern. One of the best car events. The organisers have done a great job of the mix of things and cars and engages the whole town, a fantastic atmosphere. Even after running up the hill you have to loop back thorough the town and everyone is sitting on walls or picnic on the green watching and waving as the cars go by.
 I registered the Europa and did a couple of runs up the hill on Saturday here are some pics.
Parked next to a nice racing Alpha
Napier Railton 1930'a land speed record car
and getting ready to run up the hill.
A lot of interest in the Europa (it was the only one there) which really did surprise me
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
Re: Kop Hill hill climb
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,September 19, 2018, 04:38:43 AM »
Is the no front bumper permanent, or removed for racing?

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,September 19, 2018, 07:02:49 AM »
Great pictures, buzzer! It looks like it was a great event! How did you do?

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,September 19, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »
Wow, that looks a great event to be at. I'd heard of Kop Hill but not the background so it's interesting to hear about the resurgence.  An event where cars move about, even if they're not racing, is always going to look better to Joe Public and raise the profile of classic cars.

Great post. (and the car doesn't look too shabby either  ;)   )

Offline buzzer

« Reply #4 on: Monday,September 24, 2018, 04:52:32 AM »
Ta.
As for the bumpers, I haven't  decided what to do yet, thats why they are off. I have bumpers that need re-chroming.
The car ran beautifully up the hill, really came on song above 3000 didn't miss a beat. low down performance is a but rough the transition off idle to main jet, so be looking at that next.
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK