Author Topic: Europa S2 for sale  (Read 2597 times)

Offline skoolsen

0581R

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Europa S2 for sale
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,June 07, 2018, 08:37:46 AM »
Those wheels look very familiar. They make for a mean looking Europa. The seller may be a forum member.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,June 07, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »
Nice car! It will be interesting to see what he gets for it. I've been surprised at how nice original cars seem to get a better price than nice modified cars - regardless how nice the modified car is. That may not be universal since my data is pretty thin.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,June 07, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »
This is virtually always the case.  The classic vehicle market values originality far above useability and “fun”.  Period accessories are usually fine.  Period modifications with significant history are generally ok with cars that were raced.

Offline JasonH

« Reply #4 on: Friday,June 08, 2018, 02:03:26 PM »
Pretty cool looking "zetec" motor.  Is there a company in Europe that is making Retro BD series cylinder heads for the zetec?

Offline JasonH

« Reply #5 on: Friday,June 08, 2018, 02:04:43 PM »
Skoolsen  is this your car?

Offline SwiftDB4

« Reply #6 on: Friday,June 08, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »
Pretty cool looking "zetec" motor.  Is there a company in Europe that is making Retro BD series cylinder heads for the zetec?
Yes.
http://www.retro-ford.co.uk/shop/content/zetec-bda-rocker-cover-z057

Offline JasonH

« Reply #7 on: Friday,June 08, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »
Thanks Swift.  I'll have a look.  I realized Skoolsen  is the one selling the car.  I started to edit my post and accidentally hit the x button.   Well... with a Replica BDA I think I will have a better chance of affording this car!

Offline BDA

« Reply #8 on: Friday,June 08, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »
Yes.
http://www.retro-ford.co.uk/shop/content/zetec-bda-rocker-cover-z057
Funny, they call it a rocker cover instead of a cam cover!

Offline skoolsen

« Reply #9 on: Friday,June 08, 2018, 09:23:08 PM »
Skoolsen  is this your car?
yes it is.
0581R

Offline JasonH

« Reply #10 on: Saturday,June 09, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »
Skoolsen

Did you do any frame modifications?  (Obviously to the "V"  where the engine sits I assume.)  Also wondering if you had the body off the frame, and checked the frame for amount of warpage, and cracks at the front "T".  Did you do any reinforcements?

I have a 69 that I have been contemplating to a resto mod, but I am feeling more that I want to drive Europas rather than build them.  I will be asking you more questions here as I decide if I want to buy someone else's work, or spend the next 3 years, and well more than what you will sell this one for.  The decision is really academic.  However, if I were to buy your car that would mean that I would own 4 Europas ::)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Jason

Offline skoolsen

« Reply #11 on: Sunday,June 10, 2018, 12:58:07 AM »
Skoolsen

Did you do any frame modifications?  (Obviously to the "V"  where the engine sits I assume.)  Also wondering if you had the body off the frame, and checked the frame for amount of warpage, and cracks at the front "T".  Did you do any reinforcements?

I have a 69 that I have been contemplating to a resto mod, but I am feeling more that I want to drive Europas rather than build them.  I will be asking you more questions here as I decide if I want to buy someone else's work, or spend the next 3 years, and well more than what you will sell this one for.  The decision is really academic.  However, if I were to buy your car that would mean that I would own 4 Europas ::)

Jason

PM sent
0581R

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #12 on: Monday,June 11, 2018, 08:07:32 AM »
Skoolsen

Jason

Lol Jason sounds like we are in the same predicament! :) I wish I had the extra cash to buy Skoolsen's car because it is one of the best I have seen on the forum. Until then I contend with staring at my 3 project cars until I have time....