Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

Banks S2 Race Car

<< < (9/9)

BDA:
The little fooling around I've done, I've noticed that the camber and toe change a lot with the ride height. I think your test in a valuable exercise. After I get the upper link rod ends in and aligned, I'll do it and see what happens. In any case, I agree that toe in is needed for stability on the highway. My idea is to use as little toe in as I feel comfortable with so I can get a bit better tire wear. (It seems that mid engine cars wear their rear tires out pretty quickly. I don't know why it would be any worse than a front wheel drive car!)

As for camber, someone posted somewhere that his idea was to go the minimum negative camber since the tires are more "square" than the tires in the '70s. My last set of rear tires wore evenly but quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't take good notes on the alignment I was using with them. I'm running -30' at the moment. Taking your point that the stock alignment specs may not be appropriate for our tires, it might be worth experimenting outside the stock specs but the manual states rear camber should be between -30' to -1° 30'. I wouldn't think experimenting with more negative camber but maybe less than -30'.

I'll start seriously investigating after I get my rod ends installed and a starting alignment done. I'll post what I find out.

Bainford:

--- Quote from: JR73 on Tuesday,June 11, 2019, 05:00:54 PM ---
Bainford, cropped close up of the slot in the window to operate the door latch

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. A very interesting mod.

And thanks too, for the detailed set up and chassis info you have been regaling us with. I'm digging the discussion. School is in!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version