Author Topic: Wiring harness routing at rear  (Read 1849 times)

Offline jjbunn

Wiring harness routing at rear
« on: Saturday,January 24, 2015, 09:45:35 PM »
Does anyone have a photo of how the wiring harness that feeds the rear lights is routed and attached to the body? I'm just re-installing mine, which was hanging loose when I got the car ... so have no idea what it should look like.

Thanks!

Julian

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Wiring harness routing at rear
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,January 24, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »
Sorry, I don't have a photograph to show, but from what I can recall mine follows a path down the RHS of the car and is clipped with plastic P clips to the inner wheel arches to the rear of the car.

It's all hidden by the luggage tray, I think it goes in a loop up and over the cut-out for the damper & cross brace bar with a P clip above the spring/damper cut-out.   At the rear it has a couple of P clips inside the rear valance well attached the the lower/inner fibreglass,  but mostly it just hangs in the breeze on it's way to the individual lights.  It sounds like what you've found is pretty much the same  ;)

That's a UK RHD car, I don't know if export versions are the same but I can't see why they should be wildly different.

Brian

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,January 25, 2015, 08:56:13 AM »
It's pretty much as Brian described, see pictures of two S2 rear wiring harnesses.

Offline jjbunn

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,January 25, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
Perfect! Thanks so much, guys!

A weirdness with my car is that it came without the driver's side rear side marker light. There was no evidence of any hole for it, and the wiring harness has no connectors for it. Consequently I had to source one, and fit it. Perhaps the whole rear wing was replaced at some point, but again there is no evidence at all of that. Puzzling.

Julian