Author Topic: Windshields  (Read 829 times)

Offline ron parola

Windshields
« on: Tuesday,December 09, 2014, 04:44:13 PM »
Well I'm trail fitting my new Pilkington windscreen and there are two issues one being that it is 3/8 of an inch shorter height and width, that was dealt with by laying thick glass cloth in the frame, the other is the pass side stands proud at the upper corner, so I suppose some pressure will be order. Also as the new member noted yes the screen doesn't fit the frame at the top so some bracing will be in order when gluing the glass in.  I also tried veil clothing the areas of most crazing, odd stuff to work with, I've never used it before so some learning curve is in order. It seems to have worked well, I've also put two layers of light glass under the bow since it flexed so much it was hard to sand without moving and veiled the topside. Also have gotten the side markers glassed in, hope to blow some primer on it next weekend. Since the time change it's too dark and cold to work on it after work so weekends is it. And I've TRIED to drink as much beer as Mr. Herzog (Europa Euphoria) But I just can't do it, Yeah I'm a wimp, maybe he likes lighter beer. Cheers Ronp 

Offline blasterdad

Re: Windshields
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,December 09, 2014, 06:28:50 PM »
I have to replace my windshield also, looking forward to hearing about your progress,
(hopefully good)... :holdurbreath:

Offline jbcollier

Re: Windshields
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,December 09, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
The roof, where it meets the windshield, is very flimsy.  You're right to support it while the windshield is bonded in place.