Author Topic: Wiring Diagrams  (Read 2287 times)

Offline jbcollier

Re: Wiring Diagrams
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday,September 07, 2021, 04:29:35 PM »
The only way to figure out the S1 wiring diagram issues would be to examine an original car.  Unfortunately I gave away my original harness to anther S1 owner a while back so I can’t help you.

Any S1 owners out there able to check these two issues out?

My personal take would be:

- there is an NW wire at the ammeter and they made a mistake on the diagram.  I’ve worked on lots of British vehicles from the 50s, 60s and 70s and using an NW wire from the alt to the ammeter is common practice.  They dropped using ammeters in the 70s and switched to voltmeters.

- the illustrated RW junction is an unusual connector, difficult to show in symbols.
« Last Edit: Tuesday,September 07, 2021, 04:31:09 PM by jbcollier »

Offline dakazman

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday,September 07, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »
Thanks JB ,
 I agree with your summary.
   I posted a copy on Instagram and I have a few owners in other countries that may have an answer.

The Fed tc schematic also has a problem with the same wire .
An earlier connection on a tc I call a Jem, was answered by an owner. The wire connection in in the steering box flasher unit. He took pictures and I will post them and a better depiction of the connection inside a component.
Dakazman

Offline Nockenwelle

« Reply #47 on: Thursday,September 09, 2021, 11:56:43 AM »
I may help with picture from my pretty original S1. I found the following pictures on my disc showing that brown/white connector seems to connect alternator and the ammeter. I can check for more S1 wiring details but I'm not sure I understood what the second question is.

Klaus

« Last Edit: Thursday,September 09, 2021, 12:02:57 PM by Nockenwelle »

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #48 on: Thursday,September 09, 2021, 12:36:17 PM »
Very nice!  What serial number is yours?  Mine is an S1b, #601.

Offline Nockenwelle

« Reply #49 on: Thursday,September 09, 2021, 12:40:34 PM »

Offline dakazman

« Reply #50 on: Sunday,September 12, 2021, 11:57:05 AM »
  Thanks Nockenwelle.
    Brown / white is what is on that run on the s2’s also. The second question/ statement one diagram had a small pigtail connection where they changed the wire color just before the amp meter.
 Labeling the new diagram up today and double checking my work. I also moved some things around to try to shorten every run. Posting a picture later today.
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #51 on: Monday,September 13, 2021, 03:36:15 PM »
  I’ve been moving components around and feel I’m getting closer.  See pic. The split in the instrument light grounds, I feel are important enough to highlight.
 Adding ignition switch contact info on all the schematics are also important to show when a component is active.
  Dakazman

Offline Nockenwelle

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday,September 15, 2021, 09:05:12 AM »
I took some additonal pictures at the car today and looked for the pig tail connectos. I did find the R-R-RW connector but no additional RW pigtail.
Another thing: in the picture of post #40 the light switch shows a wrong colour for connector 4. It think it should be blue.

I appreciate your effort to produce those schematics, dakazman. Just let me know if I should check more things on my car.

Klaus

Offline dakazman

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday,September 15, 2021, 04:39:07 PM »
  Thanks Klaus,
  I’ll keep that pigtail connection on the back burner. I did just put it on the new changed diagram.

The light switch pin 4 should be NU , brown/blue according to the posted schematic. I’ll look at your photos when I’m back on a computer and not my phone.
  I’m still moving components around to get a simpler look but want as much ease of troubleshooting problems .
  The grounding on this version Europa is simple to see now.  I like that it has multiple grounds, earths.
I’d like to highlight them as , left ,center, and right. Are they close together on the front frame?

See where I’m at now below.  Don’t look at wire colors yet . I don’t add details until I like the layout.
Dave.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #54 on: Friday,September 17, 2021, 03:00:41 PM »
  S1B schematic final.  :trophy:  at least for now . Thanks for all that helped.

It’s time to put this out to all so you can make comments . The grounds that go to the forward grounds will be labeled further when I get some feedback on labeling them. Left / center / right seems sufficient.

Before and after!
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #55 on: Saturday,September 18, 2021, 03:18:26 PM »

Klaus, after looking at those leads on a proper monitor , i can see that they were swapped out sometime in the cars life .
 The tell, is the clean protectors around all the leads on the switch, they are slightly different than the ones on the ignition switch.
 I can send you a schematic with your color wires in a pdf file to show your build, true version. free, you kept that S1 is pristine condition with just showing a few photos and that is worth preserving.   PM me .
dakazman