Author Topic: S2 body removal  (Read 1885 times)

Online Grumblebuns

S2 body removal
« on: Saturday,August 10, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
After struggling for weeks trying to get the last bolt removed holding the body to frame, body is separate from the frame. I wasted weeks trying to remove the parking brake bellcrank bolt from the frame. In desperation, resorted to an impact wrench. Even then it took around a minute of operation for the bolt to finally come loose. Anyone contemplating a body removal, it can be done by one person.

Joji Tokumoto
Fallbrook, Ca

Offline buzzer

Re: S2 body removal
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,August 11, 2013, 07:39:02 AM »
 Well done! And all by your self by the sound of it.  That chassis looks in quite good nick from the picture. Presume you are going to do a full restoration on it.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Online Grumblebuns

Re: S2 body removal
« Reply #2 on: Sunday,August 11, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
The S2 is just a frame and a body shell. The frame surprisingly is in very good shape considering the years spent exposed in a tropical climate.
No engine/tranny, interior or suspension/brakes, the car is essentially a blank slate perfect for what I have planned for it. Ultimate goal is Toyota 4AGE power mated to an NG3 gearbox. I've already collected most of the bits over the years. I started a new album 0934R to document in photos of it's progress; a builders blog in pictures.

Joji Tokumoto
Fallbrook, Ca