Author Topic: Wiring Prints  (Read 771 times)

Offline dakazman

Wiring Prints
« on: Thursday,June 20, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
After some searching I have found a print shop that can supply us with high grade color 24x 36 glossy finish high resolution prints. $12.00 each ,$10.00 shipping. I ordered 2 - for 34.00 . I don’t know how many they will ship before that goes up.
  They only sell to wholesalers . They also have different backing and can do anything size. I’m trying to get in touch with lotus-Europa.com on who owns the pdf. Was it copied and colorized by someone at that site? They had a 6$ price on there site Plus shipping but no one answered the email.
 I only want to pass them on to people here, so I want some input into, interest, size , and comments.

Offline Certified Lotus

Re: Wiring Prints
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,June 20, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »
Got mine printed and mounted to foamcore by Staples. Same size 24 x 36.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,June 20, 2019, 07:19:00 PM »
I really like the size. Over the tablet I was using its 1000 times better. It’s 8mil 180 GSM satin finish.
 Thanks, It would need that. What do you think about the price? Do you have a border ? This is about a 1/2, I should have set it to 1 1/2”. 
Dakazman

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,June 20, 2019, 09:25:54 PM »
No border. I think I paid close to your price when you include shipping. I printed an Elan S4 wiring diagram this size when I rewired the entire car. Made it so easy to follow all the circuits.
« Last Edit: Friday,June 21, 2019, 04:00:18 AM by Certified Lotus »

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #4 on: Friday,June 21, 2019, 04:43:48 AM »
I also got 2 "C" size prints from Staples, one to mark up, the other unmolested. What I really need is the wiring harness layout showing wire lengths and routing through the car. Does such a thing exist? There must have been one at the factory at some point.
Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline dakazman

« Reply #5 on: Friday,June 21, 2019, 04:45:37 AM »
 I haven’t pulled out your schematic before and after studying it , I must say it is laid out perfectly.
Much easier than the s1 and S2 rats nest.
 Your picture also revealed the location of the tube in the door jamb I’ve been looking for. Thanks 😀
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #6 on: Friday,June 21, 2019, 04:56:43 AM »
I also got 2 "C" size prints from Staples, one to mark up, the other unmolested. What I really need is the wiring harness layout showing wire lengths and routing through the car. Does such a thing exist? There must have been one at the factory at some point.
Tom
I can help with that somewhat if you have an s2 federal. My harness is laid out on a board right now . If you give me the color your looking for.
Dakazman

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #7 on: Friday,June 21, 2019, 10:17:15 AM »
Tom
I can help with that somewhat if you have an s2 federal. My harness is laid out on a board right now . If you give me the color your looking for.
Dakazman

I remember some aircraft wiring harnesses you were involved with in another post, so I’m sure yours will be impressive! Can you post a pic of the board?
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #8 on: Friday,June 21, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
I’m trying to get in touch with lotus-Europa.com on who owns the pdf. Was it copied and colorized by someone at that site? They had a 6$ price on there site Plus shipping but no one answered the email.
 I only want to pass them on to people here, so I want some input into, interest, size , and comments.

Bruce Gayhart the person who originally had the wiring diagrams for sale has long left the Europa community. Dan Morrison took over Lotus Europa Central from Jerry Johnson four or five years ago. Best to email Dan directly to see what information he was turned over by Jerry about the diagrams.

Dman, what source did your print shop use to print the wiring diagrams?

Offline dakazman

« Reply #9 on: Friday,June 21, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »
 Sure Surf , the big one was a joke about adding additional circuits to the Europa.

Grumblebuns , Bruce Just today answered me and I received his new email. I’ll contact Dan or Jerry or both. I also talked with Lotusjoe about the prints, and let the site control the sales. People are printing the gif download individually, At a higher price point.
  PM me if you want the source of the print shop, my test prints were to present to Bruce . As you stated now Dan or Jerry.
Dakazman