Author Topic: Wiring loom routing TCS  (Read 1036 times)

Offline buzzer

Wiring loom routing TCS
« on: Monday,April 18, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »
I am currently fitting my wiring loom. As I bought the car in bits and am fitting a new Banks loom I am trying to sort out where it goes  :headbanger: 
Any pictures anyone has of a TCS or TC on the loom routing would help.
In particular .. Well basically everywhere!
Where it goes though the bulkhead
The location of the fuse box
the routing in the front spare wheel well
The engine bay, there are plenty of pictures of car engine bays so I can work that out but any info would help

Thanks
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline BDA

Re: Wiring loom routing TCS
« Reply #1 on: Monday,April 18, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
I expect that the UK and US cars are similar as well as the TC and S2. I hope so anyway since that's all I can tell you about.

The fuse box (all four fuses) is mounted on the side of the tunnel pretty much directly below the dashboard. The wires for the headlights, fan, turn signals, etc. go out in front of the fuse box. On the US cars, it's on the passenger side so on the UK cars, it's probably the same. There are wires for the light that illuminates the heater and choke handles. There are a lot of grounds that connect where the bottom of the dash bolts through the fiberglass to the frame. There are more grounds at either end of the dash that eventually find their way there. The rest of the wires find their way along the top of the tunnel and go out the firewall there.

I've probably missed some, but I think if you get that far, the rest should be pretty obvious.

Offline buzzer

« Reply #2 on: Monday,April 18, 2016, 11:04:22 PM »
BDA thanks. Was wondering where the grounds went to. Obvious really. On where the loom goes through the firewall. Does it go along the top left hand side of the tunnel and follow the edge of the "y" and enter the firewall there?

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #3 on: Monday,April 18, 2016, 11:09:39 PM »
The loom goes through a hole in the firewall on the right edge of the Y. This should have a rectangular metal plate with a rubber grommet set into that plate which is attached to the firewall by 4 x 1/2" self tapping screws.

Offline buzzer

« Reply #4 on: Monday,April 18, 2016, 11:27:02 PM »
Ta,  I wondered what that plate was for!!  I've been sorting out all the brackets etc and that was one that I thought was an after market add on. I should be able to make some progress the weekend with luck.
Dave,

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #5 on: Monday,April 18, 2016, 11:45:36 PM »
I am playing with 3089R at the moment and it is all in bits. The firewall goes in this weekend, with fibre-glassing lots, then the insulation on the firewall, then the cross brackets on the firewall, then the engine and gearbox can go back in and it can go off for a respray.

The whole interior is out, so if you want any help, just let me know as I have others partly in bits, and two completed to copy from.

Alex in Norfolk.

P.S. The fuse box should attach to a vertical plate on the right side of the central tunnel where your left knee would be.
« Last Edit: Monday,April 18, 2016, 11:49:25 PM by 4129R »