Lotus Europa Forums > FS / WTB: Cars and Rollers

Project wanted!

(1/4) > >>

berni29:
Hi

I am in the UK and after a Europa Twincam project. I do know about 70's Lotuses so am not a virgin in that respect, but have never even sat in a Europa.

I do know I am not a fan of the earlier "breadvan" cars, but never say never.

Price (value) is very important. I know I will never get my money back, but it needs to be at a certain level to get buy in from the wife. I am exiting a Porsche Boxster and ugly +2 project to make the man (and in this case woman) math work.

I am prepared to import the right car (hello America), and will consider cars without engines. The car does not have to be "original" but if it is then I would keep it that way.

I do not expect to get many replies to this, but do not ask, do not get as they say.

All the best!

Berni

SilverBeast:
Where about in the UK are you?

Clifton:
If you find something for sale privately, I would ask if a member on here could take a look in person. I would be willing to drive in Az to help. FWIW, I saw many pics of the one I got before driving 1,500 mile round trip. The price was right but not what the pics made it seem to be. I still got it but if it was more I would have walked away.

berni29:
Hello

I am in Beckenham Kent, but do drive around.

Wow a 1500 mile round trip! That is amazing. More than about 150 miles and I am starting to wilt! Good suggestion about enlisting the help of a forum member. Happy to cover expenses + beer money!

Tks again

Berni

Clifton:

--- Quote from: berni29 on Wednesday,March 13, 2024, 10:59:13 AM ---Hello

I am in Beckenham Kent, but do drive around.

Wow a 1500 mile round trip! That is amazing. More than about 150 miles and I am starting to wilt! Good suggestion about enlisting the help of a forum member. Happy to cover expenses + beer money!

Tks again

Berni

--- End quote ---

It was brutal with no sleep. Left Friday after work, got home at 3am Sunday. Slow going on a tow dolly that had all the issues but I wanted a type 54 project and searched the West of the US for a year. I used a Craigslist search engine to search states I selected, checked everyday.  California, Nevada, Arizona would be the best options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version