Lotus Europa Forums > FS / WTB: Cars and Rollers

FS Twin Cam body and frame only, in MA, value ??

<< < (2/3) > >>

GavinT:
Thanks for the clarification.

I'm on the other side of the planet, so, not a potential buyer, but happy to make some harsh observations (nothing personal) as anyone doing due diligence would.

1. There's only one pic which is insufficient to make any concise assessment as to value.
2. Twin Cam engines constitute a significant portion of the value and since it's missing, that makes it easier.
3. No mention of other major components like gearbox, steering etc. . . or even minor stuff like fuel tanks. Rear left upright is missing in the pic, as is the front left hub, so I'd expect there's lots of other stuff missing as well.
4. I would automatically assume anything described as "rust, of course, but looks to be solid" to be toast in the absence of pics.
5. In these cases, it's better to add up the value of what you can actually see.

So, I'd put the value at $1,000 tops, if I was local - rollers usually command more money.
I wouldn't invest more than that because there's costs associated with transport, storage, labour, time and I'd want to have all costs covered if parting it out or selling it on.

But BDA looks like your customer at $2,000.    ;)

Chuck Nukem:

--- Quote from: Richard48Y on Wednesday,September 27, 2023, 06:20:10 PM ---More complete cars than this have been passed around for FREE on the "Dork*" forum.

*That is what they proudly call themselves.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Which one is the dork forum? Is it us?

RoddyMac:

--- Quote ---Which one is the dork forum? Is it us?
--- End quote ---

Grassroots Motorsports.  There's been one or two "free" Europa's on that board. But from what I've noticed, the free ones are bitsa's and have been (or may end up as) a $2k challenge car. 

andyhp61:
It’s a moot point. The property owner changed their mind and now say it’s not for sale, even though his health makes it highly unlikely he will ever touch the car.

Chuck Nukem:

--- Quote from: RoddyMac on Wednesday,October 04, 2023, 09:38:27 AM ---
--- Quote ---Which one is the dork forum? Is it us?
--- End quote ---

Grassroots Motorsports.  There's been one or two "free" Europa's on that board. But from what I've noticed, the free ones are bitsa's and have been (or may end up as) a $2k challenge car.

--- End quote ---

Ah yeah those dorks! I forgot about them.

We had a free europa on here not too long ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version