Lotus Europa Forums > FS / WTB: Cars and Rollers

FS Twin Cam body and frame only, in MA, value ??

(1/3) > >>

andyhp61:
Found a Twin Cam sitting outside in someone’s yard. Body and frame only, it is stripped but has doors, glass, some trim, hardware, maybe some suspension. No engine. Rear deck lid is there behind car in photo. Frame has rust, of course, but looks to be solid.

I can get the VIN and some additional photos if needed. I am looking to see what people think the range of value could be for this. Also, is anyone interested?  If someone wants the car, I will get it from the property owner and take possession of it, if the deal is worth it.  I'd rather not part it out, but will consider it if no one is interested in the whole car. 

GavinT:
Post is confusing.

First you say you found the car and then say you won't part the car out?
Did you purchase the car?

BDA:
 :Welcome: andyhp61!!!

Are you planning on making a care out of it or looking to help sell it?

A frame that has been sitting on dirt for enough time will probably substantially rusted (at least the bottom). Without knowing the condition of the frame a buyer would probably have to consider the frame a total loss. Having all the glass and window frames is a big plus.

I'm notoriously bad at estimating the worth of a car let alone just a body but for a wild guess, I'd say probably no more than $2,000. That's my SWAG and worth every penny you paid for it!

Richard48Y:
More complete cars than this have been passed around for FREE on the "Dork*" forum.

*That is what they proudly call themselves.  ::)

andyhp61:
Gavin:

Sorry if it was not clear, I have modified the post.  I don't have possession of it, but can get it easily from the property owner if I want it.  I would like to sell it (whole preferably) if it is worth the effort of going and getting it.  So I am looking to see what it might be worth, approximately, and if anyone is interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version