Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Sequential tranny

<< < (2/2)

jbcollier:
Read the regs to avoid $$$ disappointment.

A few companies make transaxles for FF and some are also available as sequential, or even semi-auto.

Polopharm:
Yes i am very familiar with the class rules. If i wanted to do GTL, I can use the 2.0 duratek, and a sequential.
Would need to add balast so the extra weight of transaxle wouldnt be that significant if it could be cross balanced well.
The use of 13" wheels vs 15" allows for either less balast or smaller restrictor plate.

In production class the SCCA started allowing Mazda mx5 cup cars to compete. They all come with sequential boxes and so there is some uproar right now, and so likely will be able to run sequential in that group as well.

I would likely stick with the GTL class as it allows for much higher degree of modification.

My current race car is a 2.3l cosworth/esslinger duratec and a 6spd sequential.
 Without the restrictor plate it dyno'd at 320whp, 1900lb with driver , cool suit and 10g fuel.

I had to add 400lb and drop hp significantly.

Polopharm:
Sorry meant to ask , is the semiauto a modified vw transaxle?

Polopharm:
And again sorry for anotger follow up post. When i asked an scca scrutineer about the engine, he said it would likely never be an issue unless protested at a Majors, or the run offs.

Regardless I need to get the street car running first....

jbcollier:
They haven't been VW based for a long time:

https://www.hewland.com/wpcproduct/jfr-200/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version