Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Lotus Europa Race Car Collection

<< < (15/15)

Mecky:

--- Quote from: MRN I J on Monday,September 13, 2021, 05:28:53 AM ---Is your Spa race at the Six Hour ?

--- End quote ---
No, it's the Trophée des Ardennes. A quite small event, which only goes from Friday until Saturday and hosts a 4h motor bike race.

Sandyman:
So jealous. Getting to play on the same tracks as the Big Boys.

Mecky:
:I-agree: Yeah, I'm quite lucky to live in the middle of 5 actual or former Grand Prix tracks, of which I can reach any in a drive of not more than 4 hours. :pirate:
Until now, I have driven myself at the Nürburgring, Hockenheim, Spa-Francorchamps and Zolder. Only Zandvoort is missing on my list. But I think, it will be added sooner or later.

Rosco5000:
I am with Sandyman, I can't help but be a bit jealous of your experience on the big tracks.  We have very small number of tracks on the West Coast of Canada and 2 of them are private with an expensive membership required for most of the events or open track days.
R

Mecky:
After the last race in September 2021 went very bad (wheel bearing damage in the beginning of race 1), I went for some small modifications after repairing the wheel bearings.
I replaced the close-to-stock flywheel by a pure racing flywheel and put a new clutch plate in, as well.

I also added another cross member to the rear end of the chassis, which should act sort of like a anti-roll bar. My car has no anti-roll bars at the moment, but I hope, this mod will reduce chassis flex while cornering.

But the most significant improvement of my car (and equipment) is the third set of Minilite wheels with super soft semi-slicks. I used to have only a hard compound for dry track and a set of rain tyres, but nothing inbetween. Now, the third set should be good for cold dry and slightly wet conditions. This is especially important, as my races are to short for tyre changes to make sense.

Now, I'm looking forward to my next test drive on track, which is planned for April 21st. The first race of 2022 is at May 15th. :pirate:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version