Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Lotus Europa Race Car Collection

<< < (14/15) > >>

surfguitar58:
Brilliant mods and great looking car! Looks like you are well in front of the competition in the photo. Keep us posted on race results!
Tom

4129R:

--- Quote from: BDA on Friday,September 10, 2021, 07:09:27 AM --- :I-agree: She looks great.

It looks like that big hole in your front trunk would let a lot of hot air into the cabin. Do the rules allow you to put a duct where a headlight goes? If so, you could duct air from the left headlight through that hole (and seal around it) you would get a lot of cool air into the cabin.

--- End quote ---

Or part of both orange indicator lights would be very easy to duct straight to the eyeball vents in the dashboard.

SwiftDB4:
Very impressive Mecky. Would your rules allow a snorkel like the 47's to pressure feed your carbs? If so try it. It added 500 rpm's to my top speed on track days.

Mecky:

--- Quote from: BDA on Friday,September 10, 2021, 07:09:27 AM --- :I-agree: She looks great.

It looks like that big hole in your front trunk would let a lot of hot air into the cabin. Do the rules allow you to put a duct where a headlight goes? If so, you could duct air from the left headlight through that hole (and seal around it) you would get a lot of cool air into the cabin.

--- End quote ---
The majority of hot air leaves the trunk through the big duct in the hood. Until now, hot air inside the cabin was never an issue. The windows bring enough fresh air in. But to add fresh air ducting to the cabin, I could use the indicators. The head lights must be working in case of rain.

@surfguitar58: The picture was taken during a safety car period. Thus, many cars seen behind me, were actually in front.

@SwiftDB4: From my interpretation of the rule book, it would be allowed. But as this will require a tight air box, I have not worked on this yet. The space next to the right hand fuel tank is very limited and to design a good working air box can be quite challenging. For now, the engine must work with the fresh air supply from the NACA ducts. I want to try and find another fuel tank before I think about an air box.

The next race is on September 25th on the Belgian F1 track at Spa-Francorchamps. It may be my last race for this year. There are two more events planned, but I'll need a break soon, as I'm working on the car after work and on weekends continuously since March. That makes it quite difficult to recover from the stress at work. Maybe I'll think about taking part at the penultimate race at Zolder on October 10th, but only if everything works brilliantly fine at Spa. I will definitely not participate at the last race at the Nürburgring GP track, because there is always (but especially in October) the worst possible weather and I don't really like this track.

MRN I J:
Is your Spa race at the Six Hour ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version