Author Topic: front brake lockup  (Read 713 times)

SilverBeast and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 314159td

• Project Portfolio
Re: front brake lockup
« Reply #15 on: Monday,May 20, 2024, 11:51:20 PM »
I just went and shot Wilwood an email asking basically to confirm those assumptions. Will post their response if/when it comes.
Thankfully, a larger bore master cylinder is the one thing that's easy to find among this mess of part numbers.

Thanks for the lead on ANG, I saw Rimmer got them in stock as well, but at atrocious prices.
May go the rebuild route instead, as the 14s are also a bit heavier. No sense in adding mass (and unsprung!) to something that's already overkill. My Europa has a back exit on the calipers, which I haven't seen on a Girling before. Unsure if there's a reason for that? Seems like it would make bleeding maybe easier? Haven't dug into the front suspension yet.

Just need a spare set of pistons sitting on the shelf, in case they're ever gone-gone.

Hopefully those thoughts and Willwood's response may be helpful to someone in the future regardless.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:35:32 AM by 314159td »

Offline jbcollier

Re: front brake lockup
« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:22:15 AM »
I think 7/8" rear cylinders from a Morgan +4 will work.  I have a pair lying around I plan on trying to fit sometime this year.

I'm not a fan of mismatching components and then using a funky valve to try and sort it.  Adjustable proportioning valves are not meant for street cars.