Author Topic: FS: 4 bodies / 5 frames / 4 twin cams / 5 transaxles / build 3 or 4 cars  (Read 592 times)

Offline Just A Chump

On eBay:   https://www.ebay.com/itm/126005775796

Four project cars.  Enough parts to easily build 3 cars. 

Offline dakazman

Re: FS: 4 bodies / 5 frames / 4 twin cams / 5 transaxles / build 3 or 4 cars
« Reply #1 on: Friday,July 07, 2023, 01:03:45 PM »
 :ttiwwp:   DEAD LINK

:Welcome:
  dakazman
« Last Edit: Friday,July 07, 2023, 01:09:57 PM by dakazman »

Offline gideon

« Reply #2 on: Friday,July 07, 2023, 01:51:27 PM »
The headline sounds very familiar but ebay.com currently denies all knowledge of item 126005775796.  Some mistake? 

John, I was puzzled so I had a look at your previous posts and apparently you bought the whole lot in January last year, or thereabouts.  Does this post mean you're now selling all or part of your collection of Europa bits?

Offline Gary_t

« Reply #3 on: Friday,July 07, 2023, 03:09:03 PM »
The link didn't work for me earlier either - however, now it does.

Gary

Offline Just A Chump

« Reply #4 on: Friday,July 07, 2023, 04:01:01 PM »
I apologize for the disconnect on the link.  eBay was supposed to issue the listing at 5:00pm Eastern ... not 5:00pm Pacific.  But, it's all set now.  Here's the actual text from the listing:

For Sale: an accumulated collection of 1973-1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Specials.  All vehicles are non-running projects. The sale includes:

•   1974 Lotus Europa Type 74; VIN 73124201R (Green with yellow stripes)
        Includes assembled rolling chassis with 1.6LLotus-Ford Twin Cam engine (with dual Weber DCOE side-draft carburetors) and5-speed transaxle.  The Type 74 frame has been galvanized to prevent rust.  Clean North Carolina Title in Seller’s name included.

•   1974 Lotus Europa Type 74; VIN 74044572R (Maroon)
        Includes grey epoxy painted Type 74 frame with some prior front suspension assembly, steering assembly and shift linkage work completed. No rust.  Clean North Carolina Title in Seller’s name included.

•   1973 Lotus Europa Type 74; VIN 73043426R (Red)
        Includes bare black epoxy painted frame. No rust.  Includes both doors, front storage and engine cover. Includes spare fiberglass engine cover.  Clean North Carolina Title in Seller’s name included.

•   1974 Lotus Europa Type 74; No VIN number (Unpainted fiberglass body)
        Includes bare black frame (needs some sheet meta repair work).  Includes both doors, front storage and engine cover. No Title.  Buyer can file for a Title.

Additionally included:

•   Lotus Europa Series 1, Type 46/54 bare frame (light surface rust and a few wrinkled sheet metal panels but straight and very usable).
•   Nose Molds – for making new fiberglass nose parts

The rolling chassis (4201R: the Green car) has a Lotus-Ford Twin Cam (Big Valve)(with dual Weber DCOE carburetors) and a 5-speed transaxle installed. Included in the sale are three (3) additional Lotus-Ford Twin Cam engines (all Stromberg heads) and four (4) additional transaxles – 2@5-speed and2@4-speed.  One 4-speed transaxle does not have a bellhousing. There's also one twin-cam engine that's been torn down, missing the crank and pistons but the rest (including head, valves, cams) appears to be there. Photos of the engines and transaxles are included below.

The installed engine in the rolling chassis and two of the removed engines turn freely.  The Seller has taken photos of the open camshafts of the engines that turn freely.  The fourth engine does not rotate and the Seller has not tried to force the issue; rather, the Seller has poured WD-40 penetrating oil into the park plug openings but a tear-down will be required to determine the general condition and issue.

All five of the transaxles turn freely.

Major Parts & Assemblies:

•   4 complete Type 74 bodies
•   4 Type 74 chassis
•   1 Type 46/54 chassis
•   4 Lotus-Ford Twin Cam Engines (plus one spare block and head)
•   5 Transaxles (3@5-speed and 2@4-speed)
•   6 Fuel Tanks (with Lotus quick-flip fillers)
•   2 DCOE Weber and 10 Stromberg carburetors
•   8 Seats (4 in very rough shape)
•   9 Lotus alloy wheels
•   8 Lotus steel wheels + 7 chrome Lotus hubcaps
•   Spare fiberglass engine cover + 2-piece nose molds
•   10 rear swing arms + 9 rear hub assemblies
•   2 windshields + 8 side glass/wing glass + 1 rear window
•   3 dashboards with gauges
•   3 interior sets (needs reupholstery)

Rather than list all of the parts, sub-assemblies, assemblies, spares and miscellaneous bits – filling 15 tote boxes – the Seller has photographed all of the parts to be included in the sale.  The Seller will send anyone interested ALL of the photos taken of all the parts --- it's quite a lot! Just send the Seller your email address.  The Seller notes that none of the photos contain duplicate parts; that is, no part was photographed twice (except the frames, bodies, engines and transaxles, or unless additional photos were taken to show specific detail).  Every photo contains a separate, actual item.  Because the collection was accumulated and stored from different sources and at different times, not all similar parts were photographed together – for example, one photo shows 4 hub caps; another photo shows 3 hubcaps.  In total, there are 7 hub caps.

The Seller states that, to the best of his knowledge, there are assemblies and parts sufficient to assemble three cars.  Four cars?  Maybe. However, the operational status of all parts is unknown.  Delivery might be possible ... negotiated based on location.  (Everything is currently in Asheville, NC)  Price is for everything -- nothing being sold separately.

Offline Just A Chump

« Reply #5 on: Friday,July 07, 2023, 04:07:32 PM »
The headline sounds very familiar but ebay.com currently denies all knowledge of item 126005775796.  Some mistake? 

John, I was puzzled so I had a look at your previous posts and apparently you bought the whole lot in January last year, or thereabouts.  Does this post mean you're now selling all or part of your collection of Europa bits?

Yes, I purchased a 4th "roller" to the three I had purchased previously.  I now have 4 project cars that, in reality, would make three (3) really decent finished cars -- and leave quite a few decent spares.  However, I have waaaaaaay too many projects in my life (and my shop) and, so, I'm selling all the Europas.  Thanx for asking!

Offline Just A Chump

« Reply #6 on: Friday,July 07, 2023, 04:10:37 PM »
Additional note -

If you provide me with an email address, I can send you 200+ pictures of all the various parts and details of all the bodies, frames, etc. 

Also, as noted, I'm willing to negotiate the delivery of everything, based on the Buyer's location.

"Just A Chump"

Offline BDA

« Reply #7 on: Friday,July 07, 2023, 04:43:13 PM »
That's quite a collection of stuff, Chump! Good luck with the sale!

Offline dakazman

« Reply #8 on: Sunday,July 09, 2023, 02:31:33 PM »
Maybe we can all buy out sections of his sale . Just a thought!
I’m in for a tc with one motor and trans. I need a window too!
Dakazman

Ps wife is going to kill me ! 🤣☠️

Offline FourLoti

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday,July 18, 2023, 05:24:16 AM »
Sold for $15,600!

Seems like a good deal to me. But then how much for picking up and shipping?

Ron
1974 Europa Twin Cam Special 5-Speed
1996 Porsche 993 Carrera Coupe
2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
1987 Esprit Turbo (gone)
1980 Eclat (gone)
1963 Elan S1 (gone)
1970 Europa S2 (gone)

Offline s2europa

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday,July 18, 2023, 11:18:37 AM »
That's a hell of a deal. You would be busy for the next ten years with all those projects.

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
« Reply #11 on: Saturday,July 29, 2023, 08:39:50 AM »
That's a hell of a deal. You would be busy for the next ten years with all those projects.

Or the cache is going to be broken up and you'll start to see parts being shifted via ebay or whatever.  Remember Ridgeliven breaking up cars back in 03-07? 
Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #12 on: Saturday,July 29, 2023, 09:45:24 AM »
  It was a great price.
    Hopefully some parts will get filtered out here. I told Haugland collections about it. He could handle the stash, maybe he is the buyer.
  dakazman

Offline Just A Chump

« Reply #13 on: Monday,August 07, 2023, 10:03:57 AM »
The collection was sold to two friends who are splitting up the 4 cars.  One gent lives in New Jersey and the other in Tennessee.  The TN buyer has already taken the small bits.  The bodies, chassis, engines and transaxles are being picked up next week.

I sold them for just about what I paid for them, so I'm happy.  I'm also pleased that the buyers both have significant prior Europa resto/rebuild experiences, so they know what they're doing.

Thanx to all for the info, questions, kudos and comments.