Author Topic: Renault Engine: size of bolt on cam pulley?  (Read 91 times)

Offline buroz

Renault Engine: size of bolt on cam pulley?
« on: Tuesday,May 28, 2024, 09:59:38 AM »
I seem to have misplaced the bolt which held the cam pulley on (took it off around 10 years ago). Anyone know what size it should be? I'm assuming it's going to be metric?

...I think it's the cam pulley...

Offline dakazman

Re: Renault Engine: size of bolt on cam pulley?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,May 28, 2024, 05:56:00 PM »
  Here is your reference number location. Maybe a call to rd enterprise will have the size on hand , I can remove one tomorrow and report back .  It’s about 1” long, fine thread, yes metric.
https://www.lotuseuropa.org/images/WorkshopManual/PARTS%20MANUALrev.pdf

page 142/143 item 10

Dakazman
« Last Edit: Tuesday,May 28, 2024, 05:59:21 PM by dakazman »

Offline 314159td

• Project Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,May 28, 2024, 08:19:20 PM »
I highly recommend getting a set of these thread checkers when working on any of cars with weird mixed standards. It's a little cumbersome, but you can screw them in vs the board type that's stuck to the wall. Lots of unusual pitch threads, which is why you need the larger set sometimes.

Offline buroz

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:02:53 AM »
@dakazman

Thanks for the link. Banks used to have most of that on their website before the new people took over the parts section. So I know the part number, but no sizes given.

I'm ordering some other parts, so I'll ask them if they know the size (can even sell me one  :))

This forum really is excellent. Thank you for answering all my questions. The rebuild is going well (after the 10 year hiatus).
I repaired the bodywork where the 2nd fuel tank will sit at the weekend and am currently fitting a 2nd tank to my S2, along with the side mounted filler caps. Have decided last minute to fit some new [long] radiator pipes, rather than use the old ones. So a few steps back as I need to take the engine/box out again. But I don't want to have to replace them again in the near future and it's a whole lot easier with the body off  :)

Offline dakazman

« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:33:52 PM »
 Remember to order the gasket/ seals that sit in the frame and install them before the pipes.
 Sorry, about not answering, I had a bunch of errands to run and I completely forgot. I have 3 extra blocks, one 843 crossflow but without pulley and one other camshaft packed up .
Glad to help another S2 owner.😀
Dakazman