Lotus Europa Forums > Resources, Parts and Products

Lotus Europa Headlights won't turn on..THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bud:
Thanx guys...I will look and try to find everything

SilverBeast:
On my UK TCS, the harness exits in the middle and splits to power the left and right headlights independently. My lights are a bit dim. I need to check my earth. Mine didn't have a closing plate when I got it and grouding is done through a hole to the steering rack. I intend to run an earth and a fused high power live feed from behind the dash and install fusebox and relays for dipped/main beam, horn, radiator fan and cabin fan. In the front compartment.

It's possible that corrosion in the connectors in the front compartment is causing enough resistance to drop all the power in that instead of the light. Using a multimeter will read correct voltages at bulb connectors with no load (bulb not fitted) and reduced voltage with bulb fitted. I believe others have had issues with the rivets attaching the spade terminal's to the fuse box.

Bud:
RE 4129R...can you be a little more specific on your detail as I don't know what a closer plate is. I thing it iswhere a lateral support is but not sure.

We did have the lights on last night connecting power to the blue wire on the light switch and a ground on the door channel. The low beam high beam worked as it should but I am still searching for that elusive ground in the front harness. And to top it off I believe someone may has chopped off the wire to the horn

SilverBeast:
Closing plate is the metal plate that bolts to the underside of the car between the bottom of the chassis T (the beam between the front suspension) and the fibreglass under the nose storage compartment (where the spare wheel is stored). One of the bolts that comes into the floor of this compartment is next to the radiator and the black ground wires are usually fastened to that, so the ground path can pass through the bolt, onto the plate and then to the chassis.

As I said above mine is grounded to my steering rack.

The closing plate stiffens the front end fibreglass, so it is less susceptible to crack at the top of the front wheel arches and also prevents a little of the road dirt getting to the rack.

dakazman:
  Bud, that means that the ground on the door channel is a good ground, however not for the isolated headlights. remember, these cars are plastic and mostly everything connected to it needs a separate wire. good thing is, the light is good.

Go to the back of the light assembly and follow the black wire run. follow it, to a metal stud or bolt.

Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version