Lotus Europa Forums > Resources, Parts and Products

123 distributors

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kendo:
It looks like the Stromberg and SU ramps are pretty similar.

BDA:
Yeah, they both have those ramps up to their jets so my calculation is probably not useful.

TurboFource:
A single CD175 will supposedly flow enough to support 250hp on a draw through turbo setup,
so I don’t think a Twin Cam is under carbureted with two of them!

Bryan Boyle:

--- Quote from: BDA on Monday,April 25, 2022, 06:51:14 AM ---I guess I should have mentioned that too. I have no idea if one Weber is better than two Strombergs but from what I understand, the twin Stromberg setup is very good for street use.

--- End quote ---

May be very good, but they ARE fiddly to set up and keep going.  I'm thinking (after talking with Barry) of going that route; the dual 45 throats close enough for street use and in reality, you have simplified the whole intake arrangement (not to mention that the weber/delorto arrangement is a lot more tunable).  Still chewing on it...but have other more pressing issues (like leaking front crank seal and potentially oil pan gaskets) right now. 

Thinking there are, like everything else, upsides and downsides.  But, I've run webers before and had no issues...and strombergs have given me fits on various cars (like my newer elite, MGBs, and now the TC).

TurboFource:
You could fit 2 44 or 48mm Mikuni motorcycle style carbs...someone on here did this and was pleased, there is a kit available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version