Lotus Europa Forums > Resources, Parts and Products

123 distributors

(1/3) > >>

BDA:
For those interested in the electronic programmable distributor for their TC motor, this looks like a great place: http://www.spencersmotorsports.com/parts-store

TurboFource:
They also have intake manifolds for Stromberg heads……I wonder if they are actually an improvement….

BDA:
I guess I should have mentioned that too. I have no idea if one Weber is better than two Strombergs but from what I understand, the twin Stromberg setup is very good for street use.

Kendo:
The picture of the Stromberg manifold looks like the carbs are hard-mounted to it. I don't see a gap for the soft mount O-ring. It's a bit hard to tell, though.

BDA:
If you look really closely, they are using the cushioned mounting hardware (rather than Thackery washers). but on the other hand, there doesn't appear to be any gap between what might be an 0-ring carrier and the manifold or the carb.

On a whim, I thought I'd make a bit of a comparison (I really don't know how fair it is). Assuming 45DCOE, each throat would be 1.77" across but I believe the largest main venturi is 40mm so the real diameter is about 1.57". That's a lot smaller than 1.75" Strombergs but do the Strombergs have the same sort of ramp up to the jet that the SUs have? That would drastically reduce the open area of the carb throat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version