Lotus Europa Forums > eBay - Craigslist Ads - Other Listings

'67 S1 Europa FS on Craigslist in VA

(1/4) > >>

FourLoti:
I wasn't sure if this is legit since it showed up here on an Ohio CL, but Googling the seller's phone number points to a real person who was in a British Car Club roster. Wrong wheels and I don't know about the dash board, but the price does not seem outrageous to me. But I'm not an S1 expert.

https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/staunton-lotus-europa/7695911749.html

Ron

BDA:
Ironically, a buddy of mine was looking at that car too. It would be nice to know that it ran and shifted.

My advice to my buddy was not to get mixed up in an S1 unless you wanted an S1. I feel that the bonded frame issue make it a special case. If you want a Europa, then I would look at S2s, TCs and TCSs. Maybe that's just me!

jbcollier:
I can't but agree with Dr BDA.  An S1 can be an order of magnitude more work than a S2?TC/TCS.  This one has already had unspecified "frame repairs" and they were done in situ.  Alarm bells are ringing.

kram350kram:
Question. S1's and I think S2's both have a large rectangular openings in the engine compartment at the rear shock/spring area. This is not the case on the later models. Any reason why, just curious.

jbcollier:
Air circulation in a mid-engined car is a serious issue.  They probably put in the opening thinking it would help.  Unfortunately, it doesn't.  It actually allows warm engine compartment air that has left by the vents in the cover to flow back and recirculate back in.  Mid-engined cars gradually developed massive, positive-flow, vents and scoops with the addition of fans at low speeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version