Lotus Europa Forums > eBay - Craigslist Ads - Other Listings

ebay Europa

<< < (2/2)

BDA:
Hmmm... It looks that way from the side view but the two rear 3/4 views towards the front makes them look more the same diameter. I wouldn't say you're wrong and wheel and tire sizes would have been something I would find interesting in the description.

surfguitar58:
Same car was asking $39k in October. Appears to be a 4-speed trans.

BDA:
It wouldn't sell for $39k so they raise the price to $49k and try again? Umm... I'm not sure that's going to work. I hope it does, but we'll see.

EuropaTC:

--- Quote from: s2europa on Friday,January 12, 2018, 12:56:31 PM ---Really optimistic.
It might be my eyes playing tricks, but it looks like the wheel diameters are different front to rear (and no, it's not just the tires).
--- End quote ---

I think they are the same size and the optical illusion is down to tyre wall sizes.  But I'll agree, when I looked my reaction was the same as yourself and the rears did look bigger. So being a geek I dropped an image into photoshop and drew some horizontal lines....

As for costs, well, who knows ?  It's a nice car and has obviously been cared for over the years which will be important to some buyers. Too expensive for me to consider (were I in the market) but no doubt it's a starter for haggling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version