Lotus Europa Forums > eBay - Craigslist Ads - Other Listings

Toolkit anyone?

<< < (2/5) > >>

4129R:
If you are putting in a link to something you are advertising that you are selling, it is common practice on this forum to say so.

Similarly most links say they have no connection with the seller.

IMHO that is overpriced, but time will tell. You only need one buyer with lots of £ who wants originality.

EuropaTC:

--- Quote from: jbcollier on Thursday,January 11, 2018, 08:14:38 PM ---Alas, only the TC/s had those kits.  I guess no one expected the Renault powered ones to break down ;-)
--- End quote ---

:FUNNY:  Now John, that did make me chuckle over the first coffee of the day !   For a modern (ish) comparison, by the mid 90s Lotus had moved away from supplying toolkits with the Elises, but rather ominously they gave you 12 months breakdown cover with the AA so you could get towed home...

As for the toolkit, well it's not my thing but I can see why someone would want to buy one. It's the same with the original jacks, etc, they are worth what the market will bear.

jbcollier:
True.  It was generally the first thing removed from the car, and then promptly lost.  I paid $400US for the correct jack, wrench and bag for the early Europas, and then didn't end up using them.  Oh well, it will all be there for the next owner.

surfguitar58:
I bought this kit off eBay for 45 quid (whatever that was in US bucks) a month ago. Had to pay almost the same in shipping from UK because the seller wouldn't take the useless (to me) lead hammer out of the kit!  :WTF: Bought a nice, but not original stitched Naugahyde roll to go with it. For appearance only.

BDA:
You would have thought he would have thrown the hammer in the trash for the same price and have you pay less for shipping!

I would guess a lead hammer is the vintage version of a dead blow hammer. I love mine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version