Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

I auto crossed my Europa again

(1/3) > >>

rjbaren:
This year I auto crossed my Europa again with the BMW club.  The car performed as it should with no problems at all.  I also put some Toyo tires on a set of Cosmic wheels.  I ran with 205 60 13s rear and 185 60 13s front.  Wheel wise, the rears are 6" wide, and the fronts are 5.5 inches wide.
In September of last year, I auto crossed with Barum street tires in the stock sizes and the car did OK but slid more than I wanted.   This time the grip was much better.  Last year I was 2nd to last of all cars and this year I was 2nd to last in my class but faster than a number of cars in other classes.  Unfortunately, out of 8 runs I DNFed once, and hit a cone on all but 2 runs.  So, I believe the car is up to snuff, but my driving ability needs work.   Then again, I was running against injected cars with ABS, and traction control.  A lot of M2, M3s and M4s, two Mustang GTs and 4 Corvettes including a Z06 that I almost beat, a few Porches and of course some Miatas.  All in all, it was a lot of fun.

BDA:
Great progress and great fun!  :trophy:

Polopharm:
Hi. Good work just getting out and doing it!
My limited experience with autocross( i have a lot of road course miles) is your 1st and 2nd gear ratios are very important to quick times. Also in a relatively low power car its even more important. You need the grunt to accelerate from a near standstill but also the ability to wind it out as the least shifting you do the better.

Bainford:
Wow, that sounds great. Keep at it, until you can spank those Vettes.

Clifton:
Awesome. I assume R888R's. If so it sounds like you are hooked. As with anything, you get better/faster the more you do it and find the limit. Any pics?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version