Author Topic: FS - 73 Europa TC, Some Assembly Required  (Read 436 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

FS - 73 Europa TC, Some Assembly Required
« on: Tuesday,April 09, 2024, 01:18:34 PM »
I purchased this TC as an abandoned project around three years ago. It was advertised locally as a roller with no engine or transaxle. The seller advertised the 352 tranny and disassembled and incomplete engine separately including only the bare block, crankshaft, and head. The body had been freshly painted just before the TC was placed in long term storage around 15-20 years ago and used as an auxiliary storage shelf since then in a tiny two car garage  I bought the TC with the 352 tranny and all disassembled engine parts as a package deal  After purchasing the TC, all I did was to strip out the interior of the seats, rotted out carpets and a ton of mouse droppings. The car has been stored in my garage since then.

Overall, the body and a dark metallic blue paint are in pretty good shape, considering it had been used as a storage shelf. The windshield got removed for painting and during the process, the shop misplaced the windshield. I have a spare windshield which will go with the car. Unfortunately, the PO decided to modify the stock door opening mechanism for a S1 style push button and cut out in the body, very well done. A S1 style push button mechanism will have to be sourced along with door striker and latch hardware.

Both front and rear bumpers were removed for painting misplaced by the paint shop along with several other body items as seen in the photos.

The original motor was disassembled in the past and never put back together and has some some parts missing. I have a spare Big Valve motor which can go with the TC. Supposedly this motor came out of a running TC from a Zetec conversion. I’ll do a leakdown test and update the ad with the results.

The interior is in poor condition. The dash veneer is cracking and will need to be re-laminated or the dash replaced although the instruments appear to be in good condition. The carpets probably were originally beige although over the years had aged to an orange color. They were rotted and torn out and trashed The seats are oatmeal and relatively poor condition. Both new padding and upholstery  will be required. I have a roll of new oatmeal upholstery which will be included.

Obviously, the brakes and cooling system will have to be reconditioned as standard practice. I will include a new Spitfire MC. Although the original radiator is still installed, it should be leak checked or install an ebay Chinese radiator.

For any missing bits on the car, I will include them if I have spares.

The car has a clear California title and is statused as Planned Non Operational.

I can sell the TC two ways, as a roller without an engine but with the 352 tranny for $3000. This is pretty much what I have in the car.
                                                       OR
I can include a TC engine for $2000 for a total cost of $5000.

Car is located in North San Diego County, So Cal. and local pickup only due to road width and maneuverability issues. Car transporters cannot make it up to my property.

Offline s2europa

Re: FS - 73 Europa TC, Some Assembly Required
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,April 11, 2024, 08:51:49 AM »
Is it just me, or are those fenders flared a little?

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,April 11, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
Dan, I just noticed it myself but looking at the 4th photo, it does look a bit flared. When I get a chance to get down to the garage later on today, I'll take some measurements.
« Last Edit: Thursday,April 11, 2024, 10:04:28 AM by Grumblebuns »

Offline Tdskip

« Reply #3 on: Friday,April 12, 2024, 08:43:56 AM »
Message sent!