Author Topic: S2 with two fuel tanks  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Serge

• http://sleurs-motorsport.com
    • Sleurs Motorsport
Re: S2 with two fuel tanks
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,March 13, 2014, 04:50:44 AM »
It will work just fine with 1/4".

Serge

Offline HealeyBN7

« Reply #16 on: Monday,March 17, 2014, 07:51:47 PM »
 This topic is of interest as I am considering installing fuel injection to replace the Weber DCOEs feeding my Zetec.    With two tanks one has to deal with the return fuel that is sent back through a regulator to the tank.  I guess I could just tee off the draw line, which picks up from both tanks and not pick a "return tank", but I am not sure of the pros and cons in that design.  I would think ideally one would want to deposit fuel in a large tank rather then recirculating it in the draw pipe.  Thoughts?

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #17 on: Monday,March 17, 2014, 08:49:14 PM »
A fuel injection pump circulates an amount of fuel more than what's required at full throttle.  The pressure regulator has to be able to move most of that fuel, almost all of the time, back to the tank.  There can be no restriction, or limited capacity, on the return line.  Return it to the tank and have a large balance tube between the two tanks.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #18 on: Monday,March 17, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »
Hmm, I think I agree with that, it doesn't sound right to make the return loop into the feed line. It's just a gut feel though, I have no maths to back it up.  I think I'd make a duplicate return system which is entirely separate from the feed lines although I'd probably use the same bore tubing. Isn't that something like the manufacturers do it ?

Brian