Author Topic: Radiusarm mount tcs  (Read 523 times)

Offline Pfreen

Radiusarm mount tcs
« on: Tuesday,September 03, 2019, 03:13:08 PM »
I just received two new radius arm mounts for the rear suspension.  Does anyone know the limit of rotation for the mount.  The reason I ask is I just changed the u-joints and dropped the radius arm quite a bit to do the u-joints.  I was wondering if the bolts through the new bushings should be loosened before lowering the radius arm to prevent the  inner metal part from tearing the rubber in the bushing.

Comments?

Offline BDA

Re: Radiusarm mount tcs
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,September 03, 2019, 04:10:12 PM »
Worrying about tearing bushings (which is why the nuts on the fulcrum pins should be tightened with the wishbones oriented as though it was at ride height) is important to the front suspension but I don't believe it is for the radius arm pivot. I think the situation there is much different.

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,September 03, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »
That’s what I thought but looking at the new bushing, I am not sure it could rotate say 30 deg without tearing.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,September 03, 2019, 04:26:50 PM »
It has a l-o-o-n-g lever.  My S1 only lets the radius arm drop so far so I don't worry about it.  On the S2 and TC/S, I would loosen the bot/nut if it was going to swing right down.

Offline BDA

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,September 03, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »
I haven't had any problems with mine but I'm not sure I've ever needed to let it rotate 30°. With the tranny out, I've only raised it high enough for me to slide underneath which is nowhere near high enough to make a 30° droop of the radius arm. Maybe if I had the garage I wish I had (with a lift) I would have to worry about it more!