Author Topic: Seat Belt wiring - need guidence  (Read 404 times)

Offline Certified Lotus

Seat Belt wiring - need guidence
« on: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »
I've been staring at these wires for weeks.  Looked at all my disassembly photos and didn't have a picture of how they were wired. Looked at the wiring diagram multiple times and cant figure it out.

Both seat belt receivers have two purple with white chaser wires coming from them.  The loom from the dash has a black with red chaser wire and  black with purple chaser wire coming to this area above the seat belt receivers. Then there is a jumper wire (wrapped in grey plastic so its OEM) with two purple with white chaser wires that go over the tunnel to the seat belt receivers.

So my question is, does the purple with white chaser and the black with purple chaser go into a dual connector that connects to one seat belt receiver purple with white chaser wire?  and the other dual connector with Purple with white chaser and black with red chaser connect to the other purple with white chaser wire attached to the seat belt receiver? 

Is this how it is connected?  Its the last set of wires to connect before I install the carpet! So I need to figure this out.

I have a federal car but 1972 so no logic box.  This is for the buzzer connection to remind you to fasten seat belts.

Offline BDA

Re: Seat Belt wiring - need guidence
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 03:35:45 PM »
Sorry I can't help you. I tossed out all the buzzers and associated wiring in my car. No buzzers for me!

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »
I’m happy to remove but I don’t want a down stream effect that changes anything but the buzzer eliminated. Anyone have advise either way?

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 03:55:14 PM »
I didn't have any problem with it that I recall. I cut the wires from the seat belt clasp and threw away the weight sensor. I think there were a few wires behind the dash that didn't have a home but I don't think I had to dummy anything up. Looking at the early TC wiring diagram, it seems pretty easy. I deleted the handbrake light too. I attached a free-form snip of what I think you need to take out. You'll have to find that in the wiring diagram to make sense of it.

Let me know if that makes sense.

edit: I drew a line around the stuff in the diagram I would delete. Hopefully, that would be a little clearer. I'm not averse to keeping the handbrake micro switch but you'd need to supply power where the buckle switches connect to it. Probably should be a green wire.
« Last Edit: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 04:11:11 PM by BDA »

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #4 on: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »
Apparently my PO ditched this system and I am eternally grateful to him for having at least one car that doesn't whine at me to put my seatbelts on. I still wear seatbelts, of course, but the nanny state has no say in the matter.
t
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 06:02:58 PM »
Right! I don't need to be reminded to put my seatbelt on or to take my key, thank you very much!

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #6 on: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 06:03:30 PM »
Dan sent me a text letting me know that on page 11 of my posting, picture 08883 shows the wiring connections. Dan you have great eyes! I am now wired up and ready to install carpeting!

By the way, I ALWAYS wear my seat belts and don’t need any devices to remind me.

BDA, it would not surprise me to use your elimination drawing once I get everything together and running. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sunday,August 11, 2019, 06:05:19 PM by Certified Lotus »