Author Topic: Speedo Cable 365  (Read 760 times)

Offline buzzer

Re: Speedo Cable 365
« Reply #15 on: Monday,October 31, 2022, 04:45:22 AM »
I fitted a 90 degree adapter to the rear of the speedo, it does make a neater cable route. I had to use one because my drive goes in reverse. I used a speedo/instrument place in south Wales. speedy cables Abercrave Swansea www.speedycables.com
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline analogmike

• My racing website
Re: Speedo Cable 365
« Reply #16 on: Sunday,November 06, 2022, 05:08:16 PM »
I think the angle drive needed is a Smith part, the gauge manufacturer. The model numbers are something like BG2410 or BG2401 with a suffix denoting the plate that helps mount the angle drive to the specific tach (not really needed I think, or you can mod the plate or make your own...)

I decided not to waste time on the angle drive, and used info from another Europa owner who said he swapped the speedo and tach, then the cable runs to the speedo easily with no tight bends.

It was easy to do, just remove the two clamps on each gauge (from under the dash, no tools needed, just thumbscrews) and you can pull the gauge out of the front of the dash to get to the wires and cables without crawling underneath. If you want the trip odometer reset cable, you can remount it on the left of the dash or just leave it hanging under there.

Hope that helps!
Regards, mike

'73 911RS, '08 911 GT3 cup, '01 Viper GTS, '74 Lotus Europa Special, '15 Audi S3, '06 MiniCooperS, '04 TowRig