Author Topic: Time to vent! 😡  (Read 538 times)

Offline dakazman

Time to vent! 😡
« on: Wednesday,July 22, 2020, 03:06:56 PM »
    I have been a mechanic most of my life and have paid attention to details. This thread is to v by about poor service. Some people complain about their lug nut flying over the bonnet while driving, yes this has happened to me after purchasing new tires and while driving off ... boom.

Then I have glass tops on my corvette , while working they cracked a roof panel 😡. Same place same day.
   While finishing up the issue with the piston rings fiasco from NAPA , I was installing a fuel pump that went bad after 500 miles or less, found a little problem with the alignment that was done about 100 miles ago, and just driven around the block weekly.
    Does anyone else have these problems after being serviced by professionals?
Dakazman

Offline Sandyman

Re: Time to vent! 😡
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,July 22, 2020, 03:14:16 PM »
Definitely the downside of living in a "profit only" driven society. The end result of a race to the cheapest fix.

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,July 22, 2020, 04:15:23 PM »
 I had the rear wheel fall off my Festiva on the way home after getting a safety inspection here in Maryland.....they used an impact and stripped all the threads out of the nut that holds the rear hub etc. on.....ruined the spindle from dragging on the road  >:(. Good thing I was going slow and close to home!
« Last Edit: Wednesday,July 22, 2020, 04:19:17 PM by TurboFource »
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline andy harwood

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,July 22, 2020, 07:33:05 PM »
A friend went to get his oil changed at a local quick change place. Afterwards, made it less than 3/4 mile... They forgot to refill with oil...

Offline cwtech

« Reply #4 on: Thursday,July 23, 2020, 06:46:00 AM »
That is why I have a hard time trusting someone else's work. 

I trusted a good-mechanic friend to replace a timing belt at his shop while I was on vacation.  ....Came back, paid, and the car ran like crap.  ....I pulled the cover, saw the timing was not right, and reset the cams.  ....When I mentioned it to my friend he said he gave the job to one of his employees.

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Thursday,July 23, 2020, 06:59:26 AM »
My next door neighbor had taken his car to a shop to have the timing belt replaced and called me to listen to it when it was "making a noise." I went to his house where he started it up and it made the most expensive noise I think I'd ever heard! Obviously, the cams were off and all the valves tagged the pistons. Which means not only that the wrench didn't check it before finishing but they ignored the noise when he drove it out of the shop! He took it to a dealer where thy rebuilt the motor. Luckily the dealer found that the car was under some unrelated recall and it only cost him a hundred dollars or so!

Offline dakazman

« Reply #6 on: Thursday,July 23, 2020, 03:40:47 PM »
   My biggest vent is , INTERUPTIONS !
  I have neighbors showing up and seating themselves at n my garage while am under a car or under a hood welding something.  Scare the crap out of me. Even while shopping and reading monitor here is someone staring .

Can anyone else relate?

Dakazman