Author Topic: Chat thread  (Read 21468 times)

Offline blasterdad

Re: Chat thread
« Reply #150 on: Thursday,November 24, 2016, 08:35:47 AM »
Happy thanksgiving!
I will be spending mine alone to finally put down our new kitchen floor.
To accomplish this requires nobody to be here, (Including the dog).
This has not happened for over a YEAR!
So off to relatives they ALL went.
Well, time to get started on the Lotus, :o oops, I meant floor. ;)
Have a great holiday!

Offline BDA

« Reply #151 on: Thursday,November 24, 2016, 09:34:32 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you, blaster, as well as the rest of the Lotuseuropa.org crew!

Offline lotusfanatic

« Reply #152 on: Thursday,November 24, 2016, 10:26:10 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all those over the pond, I hope you can all spend time with friends, family or your cars/projects! 

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #153 on: Tuesday,December 06, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »
I miss working on my Lotus.... Damn it when will the house be done!!!!

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #154 on: Tuesday,December 06, 2016, 06:57:20 PM »
I miss working on my Lotus.... Damn it when will the house be done!!!!
x2 & in my case... Never. ;)

Offline BDA

« Reply #155 on: Tuesday,December 06, 2016, 07:55:12 PM »
Blaster & Chuck, we love having you guys around, but we're getting a little anxious to see something happening on your Loti! Seeing new roofs and tile, and reading stories about furry rodents is great fun, but we're itching for some Loti building or driving stories! Obviously, we're not expecting driving at this point, but a post that involves a wrench would be a big step forward!  :FUNNY:

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #156 on: Tuesday,December 06, 2016, 09:02:07 PM »
Blaster are you having rat problems too? I caught 6 in my attic so far....

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday,December 07, 2016, 04:45:28 AM »
Chipmunks, (cute rat). One in the house, (he met the cats & dog) one in the garage, (he got out) Two in the live trap on the front porch, (relocated them) & one met my shotgun... >:D
Had to take the day off today to pour cement for our new carport base, (winter storm moving in tonight) so I'll be screwed if I don't.
Projects here never end. :P
@BDA, I did manage to mount my new electric fan & remove the boot & bonnet, not exactly pic worthy but at least it's something.
Way too many irons in the fire to play with the Lotus full time. :(

Offline BDA

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday,December 07, 2016, 06:24:13 AM »
Hopefully you two will be able to replace one of those irons with a Lotus iron soon! We're all waiting for some noise to come from your direction!

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #159 on: Wednesday,December 07, 2016, 08:18:00 AM »
Chipmunks, (cute rat). One in the house, (he met the cats & dog) one in the garage, (he got out) Two in the live trap on the front porch, (relocated them) & one met my shotgun... >:D
Had to take the day off today to pour cement for our new carport base, (winter storm moving in tonight) so I'll be screwed if I don't.
Projects here never end. :P
@BDA, I did manage to mount my new electric fan & remove the boot & bonnet, not exactly pic worthy but at least it's something.
Way too many irons in the fire to play with the Lotus full time. :(

Let me know how the pour went. I am going to be doing that in about 2 months.... Thinking about pouring a second slab in the back yard for a proper shop while I am at it.

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #160 on: Thursday,December 08, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »
"Let me know how the pour went. I am going to be doing that in about 2 months.... Thinking about pouring a second slab in the back yard for a proper shop while I am at it."

Well, this is how it went... PITA!
Worked 12 hours straight, no break, no lunch, one swig of Mountain Dew I found left in my truck. :P
Mixing 43 60# bags of cement to fill 10 12"Wx3'D holes was the easy part. ::)
The fun part was finding grade, leveling, straightening, squaring, laying out, & drilling holes in the 4x4's the base bolts to.
The "directions" say just rebar it down on level dirt, (steel carport).
Gee, let me think about that....ummmm....NO!
Some pics of how to do it right...
In two months it will be in the 20's for a HIGH temp around here, so if you want me to come down & help you build your shop, I'm already packed. :FUNNY:

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #161 on: Thursday,December 08, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »
Of all the things I have done I hold concrete work in the most loathsome regard. I think of the time that my friend bid a job to pour speed bumps in a parking lot and conned me in to helping him. Oh my god what miserable work it was. My friend used to pour golf cart paths with his father and his hands felt like they were made out of granite from always being cured by concrete dust.

In 2 months I will have the guest room ready so come on down ;)

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #162 on: Thursday,December 08, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
Of all the things I have done I hold concrete work in the most loathsome regard. I think of the time that my friend bid a job to pour speed bumps in a parking lot and conned me in to helping him. Oh my god what miserable work it was. My friend used to pour golf cart paths with his father and his hands felt like they were made out of granite from always being cured by concrete dust.

In 2 months I will have the guest room ready so come on down ;)
:I-agree:
I HATE cement, I would've got ready mix but our driveway is too narrow & right next to the house, (I don't need a cement truck in my basement), so I had to do it the hard way, (NEVER AGAIN).
And you are correct, My hands are DESTROYED. They are rough to begin with, now they are a mixture of leather, 100 grit sandpaper, & bloody knuckles.
Would love to see the new guest room, preferably after the cement has cured... :FUNNY:

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #163 on: Saturday,December 31, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
My resolutions are as follows...

1. QUIT SMOKING! Money better spent on the Lotus & might be around long enough to to actually drive it.

2. NEW CAREER! The wind blew a second story 18' gable over on top of me Thursday, & I fell about 12' onto the front porch roof.
Got lucky & walked away with some SORE ribs & a couple bruises.
(this makes twice from a two story, first time hit the back porch roof then the ground)

Basically going to eliminate two things that are doing their best to kill me.
Getting too damn old to be doing either one!

This post puts me at 400, going to try to be around long enough to hopefully see 4,000.  :beerchug:

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #164 on: Saturday,December 31, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
My resolutions are as follows...

1. QUIT SMOKING! Money better spent on the Lotus & might be around long enough to to actually drive it.

2. NEW CAREER! The wind blew a second story 18' gable over on top of me Thursday, & I fell about 12' onto the front porch roof.
Got lucky & walked away with some SORE ribs & a couple bruises.
(this makes twice from a two story, first time hit the back porch roof then the ground)

#1 I'd agree with that but then again I'm one of those folks who never "got" the idea of smoking, so it's easy for me to say but a bit harder for a regular smoker to do. New year is a great time to start stopping.....   ;)

#2, now that is scary. I get jelly legs at anything over my own height up a ladder so the idea of falling 12' ranks alongside the worst nightmares. I'm glad to hear it's only a few bruises, you've been very lucky there.  A new career on terra firma looks good,  it sounds like you and gravity don't get on !

Happy New Year Blaster, to you & all the other folks on the forum.

Brian