Author Topic: WTB - lower wishbone  (Read 258 times)

Offline gideon

WTB - lower wishbone
« on: Saturday,September 10, 2022, 06:31:23 AM »
I have three good lower wishbones and one mangled one.  I tried to order one through SJ Sportscars, but apparently their supplier (Arch Motors) has better things to do than make a new wishbone for me.  It's the left leading/right trailing lower wishbone that I need - and it's the kind with the welded in tube for the damper mounting that came with types 65 and 74.  Here's a photo of the good one from the other side that I painted. 

Offline BDA

Re: WTB - lower wishbone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,September 11, 2022, 04:16:01 PM »
Kelvedon claims to have them. They’re a bit pricey at 140BP. They are fabricated rather than stamped. Have you tried any other the other usual suspects: DBE or r.d.?

If none of those pan out, you could try your hand at blacksmithing. There’s a guy on YouTube that gives a bit of a tutorial on straightening his Europa front A-arms. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6dmblTGT-A)

Offline gideon

Re: WTB - lower wishbone
« Reply #2 on: Monday,September 12, 2022, 09:02:21 AM »
I found a good used one, which is right now on it's way to me.  I didn't spot that Kelvedon have them - so thanks for pointing that out.  The photo on Kelvedon's website shows an arm made from a flat piece welded along it's length to the side pieces.  The original is a single piece of steel that is (I supposed) pressed into shape, with welding just for the inner end and damper mounting tube.  I'm inclined to think the original pressed style is better if you can get them.