Author Topic: new member - 3673R - Asheville NC  (Read 1803 times)

Offline jth-3673R

Re: new member - 3673R - Asheville NC
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday,November 16, 2021, 08:23:56 AM »
this project isn't dead!!! 

about a month ago or so, a friend helped me get the car into my garage - and I've removed the drivers door so far - cutting through the hinges, I still need to cut the hinges on passenger door to remove the remaining part of the busted door.

and the bigger news: Called and talked to Andy with Spyder Cars LTD - placed an order and in the processes of getting a deposit made! so early next year I'll have a new chassis + suspension + few other parts shipped over!

while I wait, I need to continue my disassembly! oh, and I've had a few visitors stop by the house to check my progress too!

« Last Edit: Tuesday,November 16, 2021, 09:13:02 AM by jth-3673R »

Offline BDA

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday,November 16, 2021, 08:44:55 AM »
Getting that Spyder frame is a great idea! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. You'll be even happier when you stop taking old parts off your car and put fresh (old in some cases!) parts on your new frame! Please keep us updated!

I would encourage you to post your pictures on the forum rather than links to your pictures on some other site. I've had the experience of looking at an older thread on a forum and all the pictures are from stale links and can't be seen any more. Of course I understand double posting them would be a pain. If you are having trouble resizing your pictures, here are two different ways to do it:

http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=1379.0

You can use the snipping tool in Windows (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_55eg00H-w). There is a similar tool for Apple users. Using a snipping tool creates a new picture in the resolution of your screen which reduces its size.

If you're on your phone or tablet, I can't be of much help. Maybe someone else can help.

Anyway, thanks for the updates and keep them coming!

Offline jth-3673R

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday,November 16, 2021, 08:49:13 AM »
Getting that Spyder frame is a great idea! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. You'll be even happier when you stop taking old parts off your car and put fresh (old in some cases!) parts on your new frame! Please keep us updated!

I would encourage you to post your pictures on the forum rather than links to your pictures on some other site. I've had the experience of looking at an older thread on a forum and all the pictures are from stale links and can't be seen any more. Of course I understand double posting them would be a pain. If you are having trouble resizing your pictures, here are two different ways to do it:

http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=1379.0

You can use the snipping tool in Windows (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_55eg00H-w). There is a similar tool for Apple users. Using a snipping tool creates a new picture in the resolution of your screen which reduces its size.

If you're on your phone or tablet, I can't be of much help. Maybe someone else can help.

Anyway, thanks for the updates and keep them coming!

thanks for the tip... when time permits, i'll move images to the forum, in the mean time, I realized I was hosting them on a different server than I originally thought!

And I'm already looking forward to the Spyder chassis - with their double wishbone rear suspension setup + 10" brake conversion... I do want to peace of mind when I'm enjoying the car on the mountain roads and/or when my g/f is chasing my Exige in the Europa!

Offline S2Zetec54

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday,November 16, 2021, 12:29:11 PM »
Great project...the very best of luck with it. I popped a Spyder chassis on my previous type 65 with the RSC and wasn't disappointed.

Keep the photos coming. All the best

Offline Sandyman

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday,November 16, 2021, 06:04:52 PM »
 :Welcome: I went the Spyder chassis route and have not regretted it. Spyder is a relatively small company so they might not get the chassis to you quickly. Mine took 3 months longer than estimated. It comes with no assembly instructions so you have to do some thinking when putting it together. As mentioned above we all love lots of pictures. Good luck with your restoration. The bear in the picture probably means you are not living in a big city.
Sandy

Offline jth-3673R

« Reply #20 on: Thursday,November 18, 2021, 02:15:16 PM »
I checked my mobile banking app today and BAM! officially have a deposit done with Spyder Cars!  now the clock is ticking! haha... though I don't know how long that clock is!  2 months? 6 months? 9 months?  whatever it is, I know it's not "indefinite" and will help with my motivation since I have the first major "issue" being resolved!

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #21 on: Thursday,November 18, 2021, 02:49:47 PM »
Congratulations!!

Your visitors look confused that you took their home away!

Offline jth-3673R

« Reply #22 on: Friday,January 06, 2023, 02:35:07 PM »
it's me again!  Wednesday I got my crate from Spyder Cars... unboxed my new parts and chassis yesterday and this weekend I'll be inventorying everything I got...  I have a few other projects at the house I need to get done and out of the way to make more space to work on the Europa, but here are some pics!

Offline BDA

« Reply #23 on: Friday,January 06, 2023, 02:46:59 PM »
Congratulations for your new acquisition! Spyder makes great frames and their wishbone rear suspension is a great addition! I'm looking forward to watching your progress!

Good luck and keep us up to date!

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #24 on: Friday,January 06, 2023, 03:04:10 PM »
Nice! It has been on order for over a year?
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline jth-3673R

« Reply #25 on: Friday,January 06, 2023, 03:06:58 PM »
Nice! It has been on order for over a year?
yeah... I know have one email about my order from Nov 2021.. but I also ordered a few parts from Lotus Supplies / Banks Engineering

are you the one who warned me that they can take several months?

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #26 on: Friday,January 06, 2023, 03:07:40 PM »
Not me....
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #27 on: Friday,January 06, 2023, 05:56:55 PM »
Very cool.  Congrats!  Now the work begins.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #28 on: Friday,January 06, 2023, 08:42:17 PM »
Woohoo!! That's a sweet box of goodies.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline S2Zetec54

« Reply #29 on: Saturday,January 07, 2023, 07:01:22 AM »
Terrific news you have your new chassis…..good luck and keep us posted