Author Topic: 365 Drive Shaft Yoke/Diff Spacer  (Read 450 times)

Offline Dilkris

365 Drive Shaft Yoke/Diff Spacer
« on: Wednesday,February 10, 2021, 06:51:28 AM »
Amongst your discarded/destroyed/replaced 365 gearbox bits has anyone got one of the spacers as shown? They are the spacer that holds an "O Ring" sitting in a machined face at one end, provides the face for the diff nut oil seals to run on and, surprisingly act as a spacer between the diff casing and final drive yoke. (Note: the drive shaft "shimming dance" occurs between the faces of the latter 2 components). I just need one. PM me if you can help.  :help:           

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: 365 Drive Shaft Yoke/Diff Spacer
« Reply #1 on: Friday,February 12, 2021, 08:12:16 AM »
Chris, I believe this is the piece you need. In my box with the spare diff and rear case, there was only one spacer. I don't know what happened to the other side spacer. You can't send pictures by PM so I'm placing them here. We'll discuss the shipping via PM.

Joji Tokumoto

Offline Dilkris

Re: 365 Drive Shaft Yoke/Diff Spacer
« Reply #2 on: Friday,February 12, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »
Indeed that is the spacer !!
Your 5th Gear Casing photo also confirms that the original Renault 5th Gear Plunger and spring has been removed, (which is what we now all know)
Anybody on the forum got any comments regarding the burring on the spacer?? (I believe this may be attributable to incorrect shimming of the driver shaft yokes but I would be interested to hear other opinions.)   
Kindly PM me details of what you need to post the spacer Joji, (I can Paypal this to you or other), kindly PM me with details.