Author Topic: New member - Europe S1 fanatical enthusiast  (Read 847 times)

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
Re: New member - Europe S1 fanatical enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,December 31, 2020, 01:28:55 PM »
Gorgeous

And  :Welcome:

Offline Ernesto

« Reply #16 on: Thursday,December 31, 2020, 02:08:21 PM »
Thank you very much to all of you, for your very kind comments, and for your warm welcome !

It is intersting to mention that this car had a special feature, unknown in other examples :

Behind the driver's seat, a device was fitted, enabling a 3-position adjustment of the seat back. I have not been able to determine whether this was an "after-market", private modification, or a special bespoke feature requested by a client.
The mechanism seems both simple, effective and of professional quality. To me, this device looks like it was designed by the factory and could have been considered for implementation as a standard feature, or as an option, on the S1, but possibly rejected for cost reasons in the end. It still is a  mystery for me. Maybe someone has seen this on another S1 ?

The system is quite smart (please excuse my clumsy wording, english not being my mother tongue) : a simple steel wire formed as a loop can be pulled to move a bracket back and forth (thanks to a spring) and therefore engaged  into one of three holes. Depending on which hole is selected, the seat back is blocked more or less forward, enabling shorter people like me to drive more comfortably, with upper body closer to the steering wheel.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #17 on: Thursday,December 31, 2020, 04:19:06 PM »
Interesting and well made but certainly aftermarket.

Offline lotusfanatic

« Reply #18 on: Monday,January 11, 2021, 04:05:31 AM »
WOW! 

:Welcome:

Mark

Offline dakazman

« Reply #19 on: Monday,January 11, 2021, 05:27:04 AM »
  Ernesto , I believe you should post that pic in the technical/ tip section
Dakazman

Offline Ernesto

« Reply #20 on: Monday,January 11, 2021, 06:06:44 AM »
Thank you, Lotusfanatic !
Dakazman, good idea, I will do that.

Offline lotusfanatic

« Reply #21 on: Monday,January 11, 2021, 09:39:59 PM »
Thank you very much to all of you, for your very kind comments, and for your warm welcome !

It is intersting to mention that this car had a special feature, unknown in other examples :

Behind the driver's seat, a device was fitted, enabling a 3-position adjustment of the seat back. I have not been able to determine whether this was an "after-market", private modification, or a special bespoke feature requested by a client.
The mechanism seems both simple, effective and of professional quality. To me, this device looks like it was designed by the factory and could have been considered for implementation as a standard feature, or as an option, on the S1, but possibly rejected for cost reasons in the end. It still is a  mystery for me. Maybe someone has seen this on another S1 ?

Hello Ernesto,

I'm still smiling, looking at the photos of your S1!

Could you please take more photographs of the modification to the seat and bodywork?
As Dakazman said, they would make an interesting addition to the Technical Section.

Mark 

The system is quite smart (please excuse my clumsy wording, english not being my mother tongue) : a simple steel wire formed as a loop can be pulled to move a bracket back and forth (thanks to a spring) and therefore engaged  into one of three holes. Depending on which hole is selected, the seat back is blocked more or less forward, enabling shorter people like me to drive more comfortably, with upper body closer to the steering wheel.

Offline Ernesto

« Reply #22 on: Monday,January 11, 2021, 10:50:47 PM »
I have now added this note about the adjusment of the seat in the Technical section. I am sorry but I can't take more pictures now since the car was sold to a British Lotus collector.
 :confused: