Author Topic: Door Lock/Latch adjustment  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Door Lock/Latch adjustment
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,November 14, 2019, 08:35:52 AM »
Hello Footer, and welcome to the forum. Your Europa is beautiful, but I may be biased as it looks identical to mine. Curiously, your story is similar as well. Mine was put in storage in 1979 with 28,000 on the clock, and sat there for 30 years before being liberated.

The tawny colour is not well liked by some, but it is one of my favourite of the Europa colours. Like yours, my paint is far from great. I like that it is original paint, and I don't have a problem with patina or honest aging, so it will be staying as it is for some time to come.

A word of warning: If your paint is like mine, do not put a car cover or tarp over the car when it is wet or damp. The paint will be indelibly marked by horrible light brown discolouration. Words of experience...
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline Footer

« Reply #16 on: Sunday,November 17, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »
Thanks Bainford.
Thanks for the advice on wet paint/car covers.  For me, this was also not my first choice but I do like it.  I'm trying to keep it as original as possible without selling the house. My car has not been repainted.q
Out of curiosity, my data plate incorrectly lists the paint color as "L15" which is gloss black.  Is your data plate accurate regarding paint color?

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #17 on: Monday,November 18, 2019, 08:26:46 AM »
my data plate incorrectly lists the paint color as "L15" which is gloss black.  Is your data plate accurate regarding paint color?
Sounds like a typo or stamping error. My tag states the paint code as L16, which is correct for Tawny paint.

Curiously though, there IS a stamping error on my tags (or engine block). The Engine ID number on the tag does not match the engine stamping as two of the adjacent digits have been swapped around.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline BobW

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday,November 20, 2019, 10:52:50 AM »
I've found a crowsfoot wrench useful for adjusting the doors. It lets me tighten the lower nut from inside the car with the door shut, reducing trial and error for an acceptable fit. A good fit still eludes me  :)