Author Topic: Rear brake adjustment  (Read 2400 times)

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
Re: Rear brake adjustment
« Reply #15 on: Monday,June 07, 2021, 11:43:20 AM »
Hi Dilkris.

:beerchug: Thanks for your update. As you say it is Lotus....

My TCS is only 40 newer than yours (2267P) so maybe they had got the hang of it by then, or at least finished training the 'new' guy. I wonder if there is one out there that has two RH adjusters, or maybe that is why there only appear to be only RH adjusters left!

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the extra hole in the drum, for some reason I assumed you'd put the hole in the backplate, that would have been fun to get at to adjust. I've seen other posts saying that new drums need to be balanced or it can induce vibration of the rear wheel.
 If it is an iissue  I guess you could add a second  hole diametrically opposite the first .

Thanks again, Richard

Offline Sparkrite

« Reply #16 on: Monday,June 07, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »
I have just done my brakes,new MC seals,front pistons, pads and seals and new rear cylinders. So I have tried to adjust the rears after bleeding the system.
What happened is the best I could achieve was a partially working handbrake and with it off, the wheels would turn but not completely free. I wonder if after a few road miles it would benefit from another adjustment.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #17 on: Monday,June 07, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »
50 years is a LONG time.  Things seize or wear and get replaced.  Way back then service parts were pure unobtainium so having the wrong adjuster on one side is not surprising.