Author Topic: Fly Wheel Fidanza 122661 pc L2 Possible group buy  (Read 843 times)

Offline exarkun1178

Fly Wheel Fidanza 122661 pc L2 Possible group buy
« on: Friday,January 31, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
I reached out to Fidanza today and spoke with Alice.  Alice gave me the part number for the renult powered S2 fly wheel - part number 122661 Product code L2

She said  she may beable to have a run done in ~ 4 weeks.

She recommeded a retailer, Ultra Rev.  the idea would be to place an order with them.  they would then send order to Fidanza.  Fidanza would then drop ship the part to us.

My thought is, if the group ahd a few interested parties, we may be able to do a group buy and see about a discount.

your thoughts?

If there is interest i will start a new thread for the group buy.

Rob

Offline Serge

• http://sleurs-motorsport.com
    • Sleurs Motorsport
Re: Fly Wheel Fidanza 122661 pc L2 Possible group buy
« Reply #1 on: Friday,January 31, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
I'm currently in discussions with http://ttvracing.com/ for having a lightweight steel flywheel made.

I'm sending them my original flywheel and clutch so they can get back to me with a quote for having a custom one made. They can make them to 3kg or less. An 'off the shelf' flywheel of them (one that they already have a design for) is about 300 GBP. They are going to get back to me with a quote as soon as they receive my original one. I suspect that it will not be much more than their other prices.

There are some advantages to their product:
- all steel, dynamically balanced, integral ring gear
- European based (a lot of the expense with having something made in the US for me comes from shipping and import taxes)
- No minimum order

I'll post here when I get more information from them.

Kind regards,

Serge

PS: they also have a design for a flywheel that will fit our engine, but for a 7.25" racing clutch cover (which adds a substantial amount of money to the clutch setup).

Offline exarkun1178

Re: Fly Wheel Fidanza 122661 pc L2 Possible group buy
« Reply #2 on: Friday,January 31, 2014, 04:14:01 PM »
Ok  if its a better deal ill jum on that.  i would perfer one of steel. n but still want the weight savings