Author Topic: Wiper blades  (Read 667 times)

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
Wiper blades
« on: Thursday,April 13, 2023, 02:59:14 PM »
I may be a little anal but I want to retain my wiper arms and just replace the rubbers…problem is that I can’t find any replacements in Canada. Does anyone know where I can order just the blade from
Thanx

Offline bjthomp

Re: Wiper blades
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,April 13, 2023, 06:51:55 PM »
You can try Trico's classic wiper offerings, or get yourself a set of new replacement blades, remove the rubber from the new holder, and put the new rubber in your old holders. I realize this sounds confusing, but I don't know how else to describe it.

https://www.tricoproducts.com/products/factory-performance-wiper-blades/trico-classic

ANCO also has a line of classic wipers.  https://ancowipers.com/installation-guides/how-to-install/vintage 
« Last Edit: Thursday,April 13, 2023, 06:55:55 PM by bjthomp »

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
« Reply #2 on: Friday,April 14, 2023, 07:02:21 AM »
I will look at the websites to see what I can find. I did buy replacement complete blades but the way they are held into the frame is slightly different and won't work. Thanx for the advice

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Friday,April 14, 2023, 07:35:13 AM »
It looks like this might be a source: https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/all-years/chevrolet/belair/parts/?q=16”%20wiper%20inserts

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,April 19, 2023, 10:56:45 AM »
I bought my wiper blade inserts off-the-shelf at Crappie Tire. It's been a few years now, but I think it was a one-length-fits-all deal, and I just had to trim it to the correct length.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,May 28, 2023, 07:54:11 PM »
I just went through the dance of looking for wiper inserts. Trico does make an blade assy that is supposed to fit but if you just want the refill or you can't find the bayonet attachment for the Trico blade, ANCO U-16R is one that seems to be available at the moment. I kind of get the feeling that they might be discontinuing them since they don't seem to be listed on ANCO's website (not much of a website if I'm honest).

Of course, getting an entire blade assy means you might want to worry whether they are giving you a black or silver one...

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
« Reply #6 on: Monday,June 26, 2023, 07:34:25 PM »
I just went through the dance of looking for wiper inserts. Trico does make an blade assy that is supposed to fit but if you just want the refill or you can't find the bayonet attachment for the Trico blade, ANCO U-16R is one that seems to be available at the moment. I kind of get the feeling that they might be discontinuing them since they don't seem to be listed on ANCO's website (not much of a website if I'm honest).

Of course, getting an entire blade assy means you might want to worry whether they are giving you a black or silver one...

The ones I found today were silver, but the mount is a bit of plastic.  I'm just going to strip out the inserts and bin the rest of the assembly.
Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.