Author Topic: Ignition Switch issue Found great solution  (Read 335 times)

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
Ignition Switch issue Found great solution
« on: Wednesday,July 13, 2022, 04:41:46 PM »
My ignition switch has come apart and somewhere in the past someone broke the plastic sleeve that holds everything in place. I phoned RDEnterprises and they don't have a fix for it and suggested that I get on the board and see if anyone else has had this issue and how it can be resolved...any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So I looked underneath the dash and found that the ignition switch has two plastic parts that are supposed to snap together to hold everything in place but the lower plastic piece was damaged and would hold in place. Now several members suggested zip ties and a good solution but here is one better as it adds flexibility to the strength of the bond. I used a clamp from a fad hose or GEAR  CLAMP which is so much better and is wider so it clamps more. The best option would be to get the two sided clamp and hold both units together. Anyway, just wanted to offer my opinion and hopefully this will help out someone else in the future
« Last Edit: Wednesday,August 03, 2022, 08:49:34 AM by Bud »

Online BDA

Re: Ignition Switch issue
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,July 13, 2022, 07:10:21 PM »
I used a tie wrap to hold mine together.

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday,July 14, 2022, 12:05:12 AM »
I used a tie wrap to hold mine together.

Me too !!!

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,July 14, 2022, 06:37:23 AM »
That what mine had a well and will probably use something similar. Steve at SJ Sports said that there is a tiny screw that can be used as well and I will look to see if I can find it. If I get it I will post a note and image
Thanx for your help