Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Toyota 2GR swap

<< < (2/3) > >>

Clifton:

--- Quote from: blasterdad on Friday,February 06, 2015, 06:34:52 PM ---Looks like you're off to a great start!
Are you going to use any of the Lotus rear suspension? IE, radius arms, hub carriers, ect..

--- End quote ---

I would like to use the radius arms if I can but that would be the only Lotus part.

blasterdad:
I would like to use the radius arms if I can but that would be the only Lotus part.

They should help to locate your new setup, if you need some to hack up & experiment with let me know, I've got a couple of damaged ones you can have...  :welder:

Clifton:
I've been researching more and hunting parts. I have a transmission and axles lined up. I think picking up a wrecked Rav4 from IAAI will be my best bet to get the engine and everything else I need. It might take a few weeks for a non repairable one too come in. I did get the cable shifter mounted and I think I can use the mr2 clutch pedal assembly run off the Europa cable. I fabed it up but I won't know how it works until I have and engine and trans attached.

BDA:
That looks like a good start! Good luck and keep us informed of your progress!

Runningwild:
Looks great. Could you give a little more info on the cable shifter. I'm putting a toyota 4ag-e engine in my 67 S2. I want to use a cable shifter also. What toyota/model did you get the shifter from. Mounting info.  Appreciate any info   Thanks. Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version