Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Toyota 2GR swap

<< < (3/3)

Clifton:
I am using 85-89 cables. There are 3 cable lengths. 85-86 / 91+ NA / 91+ turbo. I'm using a 93 shifter as it is the shortest throw and I will lengthen the rod on the shifter end for the 91 turbo trans. I cut a big hole and made two brackets that bolt through the frame through the side. I had to cut and bend the driver side heater line down a bit to clear.  I don't know how hard it would be to adapt to the Renault trans. Do a Google search on MR2 shifter to get an idea of how everything looks. shifters are about $30 and early cable, maybe $40.

Clifton:
I had a friend machine the front hubs to from 4x92.25mm 4x100mm and used the largest diameter knurled stud, it barely covered. Stud is a Dorman 610-371 12x1.5. This will match the rear.

Clifton:
Temporary MR2 wheel.

Clifton:
This may or may not help someone trying to put new sway bar bushing in. I used my inner thigh to put pressure on the end link while holding the clamp with one hand and tightening with the other.

blasterdad:
Looks like great progress!
I'm stuck inside on our first 40 degree day we've had all year, (heat wave) trying to mount a toilet flange to new porcelain tile & what's left of a cast iron sewer pipe in the basement.  :headbanger:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version