Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Making Stock Front Control Arms Adjustable

<< < (2/3) > >>

BDA:
The idea is to make them adjustable, not just different.

cazman:
I am going to make up bunch with the holes at different spacings and see how it goes.

I spoke to Richard at Banks last week (not about this) and he said some cars have tried positive camber. This led me to believe that too much negative camber is not good for these cars (seems Jensen thought the same too).

Clifton:
It's easier and better to slot the upper ball joint holes. I run around 1 degree negative. Your ride height would have to be pretty low to need to add positive to it.

cazman:
Clifton - I only considered the Lower, because Jensen did it and it must have worked for them. If you did the Upper and it is easier, I'll go with that. It seems like the same process though, but with two holes instead of one. Why is it better and easier?

jbcollier:
When I first built it, my camber was off on one side.  I slotted the upper holes, fit the bolts with washers, and tack welded the washers once everything was in spec.  Later I got a four wheel alignment and found a bent upright.  I replaced the uprights, fit stock arms back on and everything was spot on.

It your front end camber, castor and/or included angle is off, something is bent.  Do not slot things or fit adjustable arms on a stock set up.  Fix it right.

If you have lowered your car, then by all means do these things to bring the setting back to spec.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version