Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Europa TC Competition Manual

(1/4) > >>

cazman:
I am new to the forum and have been reading through many of the "race" set up threads. I found the Europa TC Competition Manual http://www.lotus-europa.com/manuals/misc/jensen.pdf, which seems very useful. Specifically, the spring and shock set up. I think this (along with the other specs mentioned) might be a god place to start to set up my TC for the track (not X cross).

However, my car has modern adjustable coil overs for stock ride as most of the restored Europa's seem to. My question is if I was to follow the recommendations in the manual and use Konis and race springs, how do I find Konis with fixed perches in the correct position. Or does anyone use Konis in their Europa?

SwiftDB4:
I wouldn't be constrained to Konis. That TC manual is almost 50 years old. There are many good alternatives to Konis now with adjustable spring perches. I did track days with my S1 for many years first with Spax and later with Protech shocks. I run 250 # front and 175# rear springs. They are a little stiff for street use, but fine on the track.

BDA:
Why do you want fixed perches? I’m not familiar with the Koni shocks they used but they are described as fully adjustable so I assume that means for ride height as well as damping.

They don’t describe how they chose their spring rates but they seem curious to me. Most of us have much stiffer springs in the front and no rear roll bar while they went the opposite. Just a thought. I am not in any way criticizing their choice.

jbcollier:
+1 on 50 year old recommendations being an interesting read but not exactly current best practice.   So, are you building a fun track day car?  Or, for actual racing?

PS: Welcome to the list!

BDA:
 :Welcome: cazman!!

Sorry I didn’t notice you were new.

I echo JB. Please tell us more about your plans! Oh, and we like pictures!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version