Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Europa In Car Autocross

(1/2) > >>

Clifton:
This was from Yesterday. It was my first time out since last year and first time out since turboing it. This was my fastest run. I finished 32nd out out 111 cars. I was dropping time every run but I dnf'd the last run. I planned on trying third gear for less abrupt throttle input, especially lifting but that didn't happen. The Lotus Elan at the end of the video was 4th fastest, it weighs 1150lbs, carbon fiber everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH9-s-QS1jo

BDA:
That looked pretty fast to me, Clifton!  :beerchug:

MRN I J:
We call that sprinting in the UK, the one that was similar to that is where we used to compete in the early 90s on what was an operational airbase run by the Royal Navy called HMS Daedalus, marked out by cones it was a tricky course & very easy to become disorientated

Chuck Nukem:
Nice run! Do you have any pics of that Elan? did it have a full CF body??

Clifton:
I didn't get pics of the Elan. I will in April if he's there. he's a body guy. He widened it 10" with flares and it had a light gray dusting of primer and you could see the carbon through were he sanded. He handed me the hood and it had to be under a pound. Cosworth crank, 1.6L,  14:1, E85 and EFI. It is a wicked Lotus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version